lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-22-2014, 12:17 AM   #1
Ap8823
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Run Accessories off of external battery question

Hey guys, I was wondering if you could help me with something. I recently bought a subwoofer, speakers, radio, light kit, led under lights, and light bar for my golf cart and a wanting to wire everything up to an external battery. What kind of battery do you recommend and how would you wire everything up? Thanks!
Ap8823 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-22-2014, 01:59 AM   #2
SC Carts
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Run Accessories of of external battery question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ap8823 View Post
Hey guys, I was wondering if you could help me with something. I recently bought a subwoofer, speakers, radio, light kit, led under lights, and light bar for my golf cart and a wanting to wire everything up to an external battery. What kind of battery do you recommend and how would you wire everything up? Thanks!
You can use a deep cycle 12 volt golf cart battery, or an optima. Then I would suggest having a small charger mounted onboard that you can plug in at the same time you charge your main battery pack.
SC Carts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 02:55 AM   #3
Ap8823
Getting Wild
Club Car

Ok, how would I wire the light kit though, with the pop fuse and everything... I'm a rookie and got myself into a huge mess with this darn golfcart. Should've never started something I didn't know how to do.
Old 03-22-2014, 08:06 AM   #4
mymonstertruck
Gone Wild

Club Car

Look at my pictures on my profile. That will help you out a little bit. But I purchased a battery box from basspro shops $8.00 and mounted it in the bag well under my rear seat kit. It works great, I also ran all the wires under the cart through the Frame on the passenger side of the cart. I installed a line fuse right from the positive side of the battery, in the battery box.
mymonstertruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 08:24 AM   #5
mymonstertruck
Gone Wild

Club Car

Wattage/Voltage=Amperage
So a 72watt bulb at 12V=6amps

This will help with picking the right fuse for each accessory
Old 03-22-2014, 10:57 AM   #6
Ap8823
Getting Wild
Club Car

Your cart looks great!! So I would take the red wire from the bucket harness and put it to the positive side on the battery. And then what what would I do about the negative? I don't there's a wire? And also whAt did you do about the fuse the light kit kit came with?
Old 03-22-2014, 11:05 AM   #7
mymonstertruck
Gone Wild

Club Car

If it was my cart I would home run all the wires from the battery to the accessory you are powering, "home run" means a straight line from the battery to lets say a USB port. As for the light kit, I would keep the fuse were they have it installed already. And I would install a rocker switch on the dash for the lights.
Old 03-22-2014, 11:11 AM   #8
Ap8823
Getting Wild
Club Car

Ok but how would I wore everything up? Positive is easy but I don't know where the negative is on the harness and what to do about the fuse, where do I plough that into?
Old 03-22-2014, 01:05 PM   #9
Ap8823
Getting Wild
Club Car

ok i have a few questions. One is that for the radio do i need a fuse? or can i just plug it into the battery? and another is that do you know how to wire the lights to the battery? I'm having trouble figuring out the negative part of the bucket harness and where to put that pop fuse they gave me.. as you can tell I'm a noobie haha thanks
Old 03-22-2014, 01:28 PM   #10
mymonstertruck
Gone Wild

Club Car

I would fuse everything, and just run the positive wires to the pos+, and just run the neg-wires to the neg terminal on the battery. I can't say for sure with that harness, I would need some pictures.

Tags
battery, charger, club car, radio, subwoofer
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car