lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-08-2014, 08:35 AM   #21
KarrathaSteve
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Was given an 06 PQ and want it faster

For an item that costs ~$10 ( from the maker Phoenix America) they are sold on ebay for up to $65......plus shipping - nothing wrong with free enterprise...
KarrathaSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-09-2014, 07:01 PM   #22
Sanders0492
Not Yet Wild

Now my brother decided he likes the golf cart and wants to help fix it up. He is looking for a good quality lift kit and also wants to look into getting a new motor because "it needs more power" haha. Does anyone have amy recommendations for lifts, motors, and controllers?
Sanders0492 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 07:14 PM   #23
Epb
Gone Wild
Club Car

Plum quick and they recommend controllers for their motors. Or u can always go with packages from other site sponsors.
Epb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 07:14 PM   #24
sportcoupe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Controller kits from ScottyB. Best service and price around.

D&D for custom motors.
sportcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 08:37 AM   #25
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Default Re: oiqickmjknlw

Quote:
Originally Posted by zithromax canada View Post
buy cheap zithromax online <a href="https://zithromaxbtc.com/#">zithromax without prescription</a>
No.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 10:39 AM   #26
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Why not?! Sounds like a great idea to me!
Someone probably should remove the link from the quote...

(can remove this too)
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 03:30 PM   #27
Capt. Lenny
Born to be Wild

E-Z-GO

Speed costs money, ask any racer. I've been the DC route and everything is more money more money more money. In DC you either get torque or speed and anything else is just a compromise. Of course more voltage is going to give you more RPM's and speed as well as larger tire diameter and a differential change (like going from a 12.44:1 to a 8.1:1 Pick your best option first and be happy with your decision. Most DC motors are safe to run from 6000 RPM to 6500 RPM depending who built it) beyond that and you'll need high speed banding. Going to AC gives you a few more options and are pretty complete packages. Companies like Navitas and Silverwolf can spin their motors up to 9000 RPM safely. And you can run them up to 72 volts. More RPM's = more speed! Lithium batteries are another option less weight, less voltage sag and generally more usable voltage. Everything comes at a price, choose your fun spot at your budget.
Capt. Lenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 09:05 AM   #28
Mikefili
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Lenny View Post
Speed costs money, ask any racer. I've been the DC route and everything is more money more money more money. In DC you either get torque or speed and anything else is just a compromise. Of course more voltage is going to give you more RPM's and speed as well as larger tire diameter and a differential change (like going from a 12.44:1 to a 8.1:1 Pick your best option first and be happy with your decision. Most DC motors are safe to run from 6000 RPM to 6500 RPM depending who built it) beyond that and you'll need high speed banding. Going to AC gives you a few more options and are pretty complete packages. Companies like Navitas and Silverwolf can spin their motors up to 9000 RPM safely. And you can run them up to 72 volts. More RPM's = more speed! Lithium batteries are another option less weight, less voltage sag and generally more usable voltage. Everything comes at a price, choose your fun spot at your budget.
Perfectly stated, The number one question pertaining to almost all battery golf carts is “how do I make it go faster for cheap money” well there is no way.
Speak costs money and lots of it in anything that rolls floats or flies. I really have a love-hate relationship with all electric carts.
I have a neighbor and closest friend or I should say friend of my wife’s who has a beautiful older 48 V DS that goes 12 miles an hour as it was intended to, it is lifted and has 23 inch tires but still goes around 12 miles an hour, every six months we have the same conversation, she asks how do I make it go faster? Do you see a 12 mile an hour or anything in the teens is really an unusable vehicle on the street, so hers sits in the garage and never goes out because of its very low top speed, my words each time this conversation comes up is you need to replace the motor, controller, a few associated parts, and go to a Lithium pack.
Do you see her Trojan weather acids are old and have to be replaced no matter white, so therefore I explain to her around $3000 for a new Vitas kit and around 3500 for a lithium set up plus labor at a golf cart shop, and before I hear everyone say I can get it cheaper yes you and I can but she needs to bring it to someone and get the work done and I’m not stupid enough to volunteer LOL, so that $6000 upgrade gets ignored and six months later we have the same conversation LOL I keep telling her her solution is sell it to me and I will do the upgrades myself, This all told to my neighbor who spent $3500 on the car a number of years ago. Yes the age old question is always how can I make it go faster for very little money, and the answer always is you can’t.
Mikefili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 11:02 AM   #29
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

You guys know this is a 7 year old thread right?
It was necro'd by a spammer and the post was removed.
The link that's copied in Tahoedawgs post needs to be removed as well.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car