lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-05-2015, 04:02 PM   #1
CedzGo
Gone Wild

Angry EZGO PDS kicking in reverse when decelerating in Forward...

What's up Gang?

I ran into a good deal on a PDS that someone drove into a lake. I was going to fix it up, and sell it.

So far, I've replaced the batteries, solenoid, potentiometer, controller, f/r switch, and checked all wires.

The controller is a re-manufactured one from the nearest battery source. When running in forward, all seems well until I let off of the accelerator. Right before it comes to a complete stop, it kicks into reverse for a fraction of a second about 3 or 4 times, and the reverse buzzer beeps upon each reverse jerk. We've replaced everything except the motor, and at this point, I'm not sure if it's the motor, or the reman controller that is causing this.

Any suggestions???

Thanks!!!
CedzGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-06-2015, 08:56 AM   #2
CedzGo
Gone Wild

Default Re: EZGO PDS kicking in reverse when decelerating in Forward...

Anybody???
Old 05-06-2015, 09:13 AM   #3
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

By the buzzer coming on when it does it I would double check the fnr switch first. Then I would suspect the controller. I'm not a fan of the remanufactured controller. If you find it's the controller check into an Alltrax DVD.
mgray70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 09:14 AM   #4
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

DCX darn auto correct!
Old 05-06-2015, 09:21 AM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Yes, auto connect is kindling me.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 10:28 AM   #6
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I like "swiftkey" Free app for IOS 8 and android. Predicts words. learns words you use, better auto correct.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 01:06 PM   #7
CedzGo
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgray70 View Post
By the buzzer coming on when it does it I would double check the fnr switch first. Then I would suspect the controller. I'm not a fan of the remanufactured controller. If you find it's the controller check into an Alltrax DVD.
Thanks for the info. I replaced the FNR switch with a brand new one, so as you suggested, I'm suspecting a bad reman controller. Now to start fighting with the store for a refund or replacement.

Any chance of it being some loose wiring inside the motor that short upon deceleration? Or are motors an either they work, or they don't type of thing?

Thanks all!!!
Old 05-06-2015, 01:50 PM   #8
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

The f1 and f2 wires would have to switch places in the Motor. I think that would be unlikely. Johnnie B is a lot sharper on the PDS carts. Maybe he will check in soon.. With the buzzer sounding like you said it was tells me something is telling the controller to switch it to reverse.
Old 05-06-2015, 02:30 PM   #9
CedzGo
Gone Wild

Thanks, Man.

Paging Johnnie B...
Old 05-08-2015, 10:45 AM   #10
CedzGo
Gone Wild

Well, after a nasty run in with the Battery Source guy, I got replacement re-manufactured controller.

He totally took it personal like I was accusing him of purposely selling me a bad controller. I told him that this wasn't like a television where we can see it work before we buy it. After going back and forth with him for about 15 minutes, he finally handed over another controller. He didn't even know that controllers had programming. He said they were just a big relay that are all on, or all off, and the golf cart can run as normal by bypassing the controller. Just run the cables from the solenoid straight back to the motor he says. WTF?!?!?!?!?!?

Anyway. I'll be putting on this replacement controller in hopes that this one isn't bad as well (it's another re-manufactured unit).

Wish me luck, and thanks for all of your help!!!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO