lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-19-2015, 05:08 AM   #21
radioman
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Something Got Wet

Just for information disconnect one wire from the ITS module and see if the cart will move. Leakage in the ITS circuit will fool the controller. The controller don't care if the input is from the ITS or leakage. I had a cart that got wet and it would run without the ITS connected. Problem proved to be leakage in the connector between the ITS and the controller.
radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-19-2015, 06:00 AM   #22
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by smuponies View Post
OK, I opened the throttle box and directly connected the red and green wires. When I put the key in and turned it on, the cart moved. Quite smoothly, I might add.

I wasn't sure from JohnnieB's email if I should have done this while the white and black wires were connected to the controller. I did it while they were connected, but if I need to try again while they aren't connected, let me know.

Then, I took of the black and white wires (throttle wires) going into the controller and measured the voltage. It was 14.8 or so. I also measured the voltage without the black and white wires while the throttle box was connected (no bypass) and it was around 13.8 best I could tell. I'm not a voltage meter expert, but it took a while to get it to 13.8, so I could have read it wrong.

So, what do you guys think? Sounds like it may be the controller? Is there anything I can do other than fork out mega bucks for a new one? Appreciate all the help!
The cart moving proved my theory. Next step was to disconnect the throttle wires from the controller and try it again.
If the cart still moves, the controller is bad.
If the cart doesn't move, the ITS sensor or wiring is bad.

Cut & Paste from post# 11:
Quote:
If my theory is true, the problem could be inside the controller itself, or it could be a failure of the ITS sensor and/or the wiring that connects it to the controller.

Troubleshooting the problem:

Disconnect the throttle wires (black and white wires) from the controller and turn key ON with pedal switch bypassed.
If the cart moves, the problem is the controller.
If the cart doesn't move, the problem is the ITS sensor and/or wiring.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 07:08 PM   #23
smuponies
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Just tested. It doesn't move with the black and white throttle wires disconnected from the controller. So, I guess it is the ITS and/or ITS wires. That is about the only thing I haven't replaced on this bad boy!

Anybody know where I can get a replacement box and/or cable?

Thanks for everyone's help!!
smuponies is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO