lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-08-2015, 09:47 AM   #21
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Got emp motor, and 650 amp alltrax controller wired up and it only runs 8mph?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffreynmandy View Post
T-875 trojan, I only had one charge on them.
Only one charge and taken down to about 50% SoC. Ouch.

Should be charged after each use and should not be discharged below 75% SoC for the first 10-20 cycles.

A T-875 is a 170AH 8V battery, so you ought to get about the same range as a similar cart with a standard 36V pack (225AH 6V batteries), which is typically good for at least two rounds of golf and then some.

On the other hand, you did mention the cart was heavily loaded and driven hard, so 11 miles on new batteries that haven't reached their full storage capacity, might be about right.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-08-2015, 01:08 PM   #22
Jeffreynmandy
Gone Wild

Default Re: Got emp motor, and 650 amp alltrax controller wired up and it only runs 8mph?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
Only one charge and taken down to about 50% SoC. Ouch.

Should be charged after each use and should not be discharged below 75% SoC for the first 10-20 cycles.

A T-875 is a 170AH 8V battery, so you ought to get about the same range as a similar cart with a standard 36V pack (225AH 6V batteries), which is typically good for at least two rounds of golf and then some.

On the other hand, you did mention the cart was heavily loaded and driven hard, so 11 miles on new batteries that haven't reached their full storage capacity, might be about right.

I meant to run them to about 80%, but I got carried away with it.
Jeffreynmandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 05:27 PM   #23
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffreynmandy View Post
I meant to run them to about 80%, but I got carried away with it.
I know how that goes.

If you measured the pack voltage shortly after you stopped, the SoC estimate you got was lower than what it actually was.

Battery pack voltage drops quickly when you are drawing amps from it, about 1v to 2V per 100A of current draw, but it recovers slowly. In fact. it will continue to rise for over an hour after the cart stops moving.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO