lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-05-2015, 01:44 AM   #1
truitt
Not Yet Wild

Default 2005 ezgo value?

I just bought a 2005 electric ezgo for $800. its not in perfect condition. it has a new computer brain. it has good tires. it came with the big heavy rectangle charger. has 6 batteries.

I kinda want to sell it or trade it for a gas cart because I know a lot about gas motors and nothing about electric motors. im gonna fix the paint and reupholster the seat. how much is it worth?

I know I went to a golf cart dealer ship and they wanted $1800 for a 96 electric ezgo. but I have not idea what mine is worth
truitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-05-2015, 06:40 AM   #2
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: 2005 ezgo value?

Well the big question is does it work? Also what batteries and what year are they? Look at the negative battery post for a letter and a number.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 01:12 PM   #3
truitt
Not Yet Wild

it has 2 brand new batteries and the other 4 are 2012. it works great. I use it everyday
truitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 10:38 PM   #4
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

A running 05 for $800 is a pretty good deal here but not fantastic. That being said the EZGo plant is about 20 miles from here so used ones can be abundant. If you truly want to sell it consider putting a rear seat on it because it will sell faster and for more. As for a gas cart, they are more expensive and ezgo is about to stop carrying parts for the older Robbins motors I am told.. But if you found one and the engine died you could always throw a clone in there..
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 06:20 AM   #5
Arfowler1
Not Yet Wild

Scout prices on ebay and craigslist for your area. Doesnt take me long and gives a general idea of what things are going for locally.
Arfowler1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 05:46 AM   #6
Jeffreynmandy
Gone Wild

Around here, close to new batteries and a back seat are a must. That's the first thing people ask. After that it's the year, and then headlights.

People want a lot for little money. They don't realize how much it costs to get one looking nice with new batteries. I learned that quickly.

Say you find a really good condition cart for $700 that needs batteries. That's

$700 golf cart
$600 Duracell batteries.
$250 back seat.
$800 lift and wheels.

That's $2350, not counting time, labor, and if there are more problems than just the batteries. Here your lucky to get $2500-$3000 for it. Closer to $2500.

Non lifted with stock wheels your looking at $1800

I think the only way there is real money in it is if your a dealer. One that buys carts by the lot, and gets dealer pricing on parts and accessories.

the flashy, lifted, custom painted carts at the dealer cost $5-7,000. I think one of the main reasons they bring that much is because of the ability to finance them.
Jeffreynmandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 09:09 PM   #7
brq007
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Truitt where are you located, I'm looking for a project cart.
brq007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO