lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-31-2016, 05:21 PM   #1
cookr
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 02 DS gas acting like it was out of gas?

Was riding with my little buddy around the neighborhood. Had been out for a while. 30 minutes or so. Cart has been running fine since my last plea for help and you guys were able to get me on track. It started cutting out like it was running out of gas. I could let off accelerator pedal until it shut down. Press accelerator and would take off for a few seconds then do it again. Limped it back to the house. It has fuel in the filters. Full tank of gas. Any suggestions?
cookr is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-31-2016, 05:24 PM   #2
ezgo on fire
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 02 DS gas acting like it was out of gas?

Just had the same issue. Mine was trash in the tank getting sucked into the fuel shut off valve. Does yours have that on top of the tank
ezgo on fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 05:34 PM   #3
ironmonkey17
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

check what ezgo on fire said, if nothing, I would drop the carburetor bowl and clean it out and make sure float is not sticking, sounds like your running the bowl empty before it has a chance to fill up.. assuming that it has a bowl and a float, I don't have a gas club car, make sure gas cap is breathing also. Good luck..
ironmonkey17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 07:21 PM   #4
cookr
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Yes it has the shut off valve/pickup tube on top of tank. Will check it and dop the carb and check that as well. Thanks guys.
Old 05-31-2016, 08:24 PM   #5
cookr
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Update. Pulled pick up tube and blew out. Nothing in it. Pulled carb and dropped bowl. Bunch of loose junk in bottom of bowl. Also piece of crud on the float stem not letting it flow. Ran it up the road and sounds good. Thanks guys.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car