lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-30-2016, 09:18 AM   #1
Camohorse1978
Getting Wild

Default Topend rebuild

Prob gonna go ahead and rebuild topend on the 85 marathon .found out this morning after talking with the owner they found out it was ran for a few days with regular unmixed gas .thinking that would explain the loss of power.
Are there any big bore kits or should I just look for the factory replacement?
Best place to buy ?

Thanks and sorry for all the posts, I have been working on small engines along time but new to golf carts .
Camohorse1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-30-2016, 03:43 PM   #2
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Topend rebuild

Here is one option.

https://www.golfcartking.com/ezgo-cy...kit-1980-1988/

There are also oversize pistons. What they call .50 over is actually half of a millimeter.
cart around is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 04:29 PM   #3
Camohorse1978
Getting Wild

Well got home today and it won't run at all . The son said he just backed it off trailer and it started loosing power . Ran last night. It is turning over but don't seem like it is starting now (It did for just a min at first when I got here ) won't even turn back wheels with them off the ground . Seems louder also. It has spark , sprayed starter fluid in carb , fuel pump is pumping .
Guess gonna get a compression tester on it and see what I can come up with.
Seems like get one thing straight and something else for wrong . This free job I am doin for that old guy with cancer is starting to bite me in the butt .
Old 07-02-2016, 06:07 PM   #4
Camohorse1978
Getting Wild

Figured out the problem , noticed when I tried to start it that smoke was coming from behind the shroud on front of motor . Removed the 4 bolts and took a look while cranking it over . All the air and smoke is coming from what looks like between the head and the jug . Looks like motor will be pulled tomorrow to see what all I need. If the head cracked where can I order a new one?
Guess this all is from that big backfire the other night.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO