lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-26-2016, 11:47 AM   #11
chevydmax6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Upshifting too soon and not downshifting for hills

Start withe the driven clutch h
chevydmax6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-26-2016, 09:13 PM   #12
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

I'm 85% sure it's a different spring between the two styles of driven clutches. Tom at Cart Parts Plus would probably be able to help you or else point you in the right direction.
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 05:45 AM   #13
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Here are the diagrams on the Golf Cart Parts Direct website. At the top of each you'll see serial numbers starting with "AGxx". The "xx" is the model year. So officially, the older style driven clutch you should have (which should be the first image below) was produced for carts up until 1988 (hence the "AG88..."). It looks like they have the driven clutch spring available for the old clutch for about $17.

http://www.golfcartpartsdirect.com/Category/54

http://www.golfcartpartsdirect.com/Category/55
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 12:41 AM   #14
BuggieMaverick
Not Yet Wild

As an update, I took off my driveN clutch and tried taking it apart. I couldn't get the clutch nut off so I'll either have to get a socket big enough for it to use an impact wrench on it, or just make a tool of some sort.

Either way, I sanded away the rust on the pulleys halves and hosed the clutch down in brake cleaner. Before that, I manually moved the pulleys apart and found the clutch was pretty sticky. Cleaning it up and applying dry lube made it smoother. The spring does feel pretty weak. I've driven it since then and most of my vibrations went away and its shifting a little better. Sometime in the future, I will probably get or make the right tools to completely take it apart, replace the spring, and replace the plastic buttons. I'm guessing that will make the current clutch as good I can get it.
BuggieMaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car