lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-07-2016, 04:40 AM   #11
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Speed magnet

I took a wheel from a yamaha AC motor to cut, when it didnt work, it was replaced by a wheel from a rxv motor (same manufacturer). Sorry, no, i wont send it to you, i gotta keep it. I didnt rebuild any teeth or anything, thats what it looks like if you cut "every-other" tooth off. It was a futile experiment. Im glad im allowed those experiments. The reluctor wheel presses on and off pretty easily. It didnt work, yamaha/toyota controller is not as "open" as curtis with easily available tools.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20150831_094809_452.jpg (71.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150831_090759_392.jpg (59.3 KB, 0 views)
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-07-2016, 08:06 AM   #12
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

cgtech, Do you know if they use the encoder for commutation of the motor? If so, then modifying it will screw that up big time. My guess is that they don't unless it has some sort of index to reference the position. AC systems have to figure out where the rotor is to know which windings to energize and which polarity. Most do that by sensing the BEMF of the undriven winding.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 10:42 AM   #13
INWO
Getting Wild
Tomberlin

As it ran after modification, it must be an ac motor, not brushless dc.
That's a different wheel than I expected. For some reason I was thinking optic encoder.

If it is just a single reluctor sensor, not sure why it didn't work.

Do you have a picture of sensor ? Is it like post #3?

I have a request to build a sensor tester and simulator for another application. This might tie in.
INWO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 10:55 AM   #14
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

The picture in this thread is the wheel of the sensor. It uses a reluctance sensor to look at the teeth. This generates lots of pulses per rev rather than the usual 2 or 4 from the magnet sensor used on most of the DC motor carts.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 11:16 AM   #15
INWO
Getting Wild
Tomberlin

Thank you, I can put this quest to rest.

An ac controller can't be spoofed in the normal sense.
Speed is proportional to frequency.
Tach is only used to measure slip.

Top rpm is set in stone by max frequency output of controller.
INWO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 04:18 PM   #16
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

RPM is limited in software. Most E-Z-GO carts have an 8,000 RPM rev limit. For some reason, my RXV has a 9,500 rev limit, and I did not change that. When I bumped the speed up on my RXV, I was watching both motor RPM and motor temperature. If I remember right, at 28 MPH my motor was at 9,258 RPM. I flashed it back to stock because motor temperature started rising and I was not wanting to damage anything.

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 08:17 AM   #17
mjroman20
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBoyce View Post
RPM is limited in software. Most E-Z-GO carts have an 8,000 RPM rev limit. For some reason, my RXV has a 9,500 rev limit, and I did not change that. When I bumped the speed up on my RXV, I was watching both motor RPM and motor temperature. If I remember right, at 28 MPH my motor was at 9,258 RPM. I flashed it back to stock because motor temperature started rising and I was not wanting to damage anything.

Bob
Is this with a Danaher?
mjroman20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 09:04 AM   #18
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjroman20 View Post
Is this with a Danaher?
No, it's a Curtis. I have the programmer for both but no Danaher programming cable. I remember you showing screen shots of your display showing the 8,000 RPM limit. My screen shows a 9,500 RPM limit and I have not altered it. Maybe the difference is due to access level? I don't know, I have not tried lowering my access level to see what it does.

Bob
Old 09-08-2016, 01:35 PM   #19
mjroman20
Gone Wild

I was able to set it higher but over the 8k soft limit it displays a range error. It my alllow it to run that fast since the total range of the data values ar 32767 or something like that. Seems like if vcl or other os programming changes a parameter out of limits it will run with it.
mjroman20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 02:43 PM   #20
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

I set my level down to OEM, connected a controller, and the RPM limit value drops to 8000 RPM and is not able to be changed. So the level is causing it to read higher and allow it to be changed. Once set back to my proper level, it goes back to 9500 and is a changable value, with the 9500 the highest it will allow. To go higher would require changes to the program itself. Not a good idea in my opinion. I'm afraid to do more than short duration tests at more than 9000 RPM as it is. The 300Hz maximum of the controller could deliver 12000 RPM unloaded, which would probably grenade the motor before that speed could be reached.

Bob
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO