lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-12-2016, 01:52 PM   #1
Espejo
Not Yet Wild

Default Battery Pack Going or Gone?

I recently picked up a 2012 Club Precedent which is fantastic.

I have the 48 Volt (6 8 volt batteries) system with are very likely the original Powerdrive + batteries with a Manufactured date of August 2011. I have also installed a Wetsounds Ultra 6 with power converter.

I put my multi-meter on the battery pack after charging and got 48.6 volts. I played about 12 holes of golf and had my radio on listening to music at a low level. At hole 10, I think I saw my battery light illuminate but I'm not sure since it was so bright outside. I turned off the radio and then headed home. I put my multi-meter on the battery pack (before charging) and got 39.8 volts.

If I'm reading the "State of Charge" chart correctly my 39.8 volts shows well below 10%. I was surprised my cart was moving at all. I had no issues with it driving and I really could not tell if it was slower since it is still "new" to me.

Am I due for new batteries?
Espejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-12-2016, 01:55 PM   #2
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Battery Pack Going or Gone?

Your batteries are almost certainly at the end of their useful life if they are 5 years old. You should easily get a round or two with new ones.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car