lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-02-2016, 12:36 PM   #11
_ogre
Golf Cart? oops 😉

Club Car

Default Re: Does a Power-Drive 2 turn back on?

thanks
_ogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-02-2016, 01:00 PM   #12
jbsmith05
Gone Wild

Default Re: Does a Power-Drive 2 turn back on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kashmir View Post
Well, after it is on for 8 hours, it cuts the power and the power is back on 16 hours later. When I got home today at 5:15, the power was still on to the charger, but the charger was off. (presumably because the batteries were fully charged) I left the plug in the cart and unplugged the charger from the timer, waited 30 seconds and plugged it back in and the charger started charging again. Charge needle went to max for about a minute, then down to 1/2 for about 2 minutes, then to about 1/4.
I just now went down and switched the circuit breaker off that the charger is on, waited 10 minutes and only switched the circuit breaker back on and voila, the charger started charging again.
So I'm not sure about all of this because I'm just into golf carts for about a year and a half now, but I know what I am experiencing.
My PD2 operates this exact same way. It charges to battery capacity, then shuts itself off...if I unplug it from the wall and wait 30sec or so it will start charging again (pegs to 15 then quickly drops to about 5 for just a few min before turning off again).

I haven't torn apart the PD2 to see if it was modified but considering the cart came from a 1 owner 75 year old retiree that did absolutely nothing to the cart, I'd be surprised if it is.
jbsmith05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car