lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-18-2017, 02:23 PM   #1
87clubcar
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default 07 ezgo txt series. Need more power

I just got back into the golf cart land by purchasing a used 2007 ezgo txt series cart. Has a rear seat and HD shocks installed. Batteries are one month old. I believe everything else is pretty stock.

The cart is slower than I would like but I'm not looking for a speed demon either. Would like to go about 20mph. It feel like it goes about 11-14 now.

I plan on keeping it stock height and using it to drive around my community.

I will start checking numbers and names of things on it. But I got some snap shots of most of it.

Any suggestions would be most helpful. I'm not afraid to drop a few bucks into it but not sure where to start. We drive it daily to and from the rec center and clubhouse. No real hills to speak of more like humps.

Scotty b please help me.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0195.jpg (210.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0203.jpg (216.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0204.jpg (210.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0205.jpg (199.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0206.jpg (199.7 KB, 0 views)
87clubcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-18-2017, 02:25 PM   #2
mutant
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 07 ezgo txt series. Need more power

sir nuke has the build you might prefer-check out his signature!

nice clean cart!
mutant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 03:14 PM   #3
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

With a series, the cheap way is larger tires, and/or change the differential ratio, and/or hi speed motor, which may require an upgraded controller, depending on which motor you choose. Much beyond that is to add one or two new batteries, which requires an upgraded controller, charger, cables, FNR, and solenoid.

See my sig.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 03:16 PM   #4
87clubcar
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks that helps a lot. One question I have is where to start if your not going to do it all at once. Can you do the upgrades one at a time. Does this affect the cart. Which upgrades have to be done together?

I'll keep reading and educating myself. This place is great and has so much info it is hard to know what is right for particular cart. Can't wait to get going.
Old 05-18-2017, 03:27 PM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

This is a series cart. Below is my cart upgrading guide. I would use the SR48400 control, 200 solenoid, 2g cable set, and 48v, or Admiral B1 motor or ALL. You can do this in phases. Upgrade the F&R and cables, then the controller & solenoid, then the voltage increase and/or motor.

http://www.cartsunlimited.net/upgrade-suggestions.html
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 03:37 PM   #6
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

If you want bigger tires an/or faster rear end, and/or hi speed motor, those are stand alone. You need to be sure the hi speed motor won't need an upgraded controller like mine does.

If you want to go from 36 volts to 42 or 48 volts, now is the best time, as your batteries are new. Increasing voltage requires an upgraded controller, charger and solenoid, cables, and FNR.

If budget is too tight to do this all at once, you can just get the controller, and as budget allows, add cables, FNR, and solenoid, and run like that until your batteries die. This won't give you any additional speed, since you stated that you don't really have any steep hills. The increase in voltage will increase speed, even with a stock motor.
Old 05-18-2017, 03:40 PM   #7
87clubcar
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I was thinking of keeping it 36 v. So start with the f and r switch and cables and controller? Which motor would be best if I keep it 36 v ?

Thanks for taking the time to respond I really appreciate it. I'll keep updating on progress. I also like the idea of having an aux batt or converter. Should I do one or both. Does this require and additional charger just for the extra batt or is this just being a bit anal?
Old 05-18-2017, 03:40 PM   #8
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

I see ScottyB beat me with my post. Definitely call him with your budget and timeframe for completing your upgrades. I bought everything from him, except batteries.
Old 05-18-2017, 05:28 PM   #9
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I want more power and more speed and bigger tires and added seating and and ... and I want to keep it 36v
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 05:36 PM   #10
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87clubcar View Post
I was thinking of keeping it 36 v. So start with the f and r switch and cables and controller? Which motor would be best if I keep it 36 v ?

Thanks for taking the time to respond I really appreciate it. I'll keep updating on progress. I also like the idea of having an aux batt or converter. Should I do one or both. Does this require and additional charger just for the extra batt or is this just being a bit anal?
An auxiliary (aux.) battery or a converter (also called reducer or inverter) all serve the same purpose; to provide 12 volts for accessories, such as lights, horn, stereo, etc. You won't need both. If you buy a 36 volt to 12 volt reducer, make sure it can operate at 42 or 48 volts like ScottyB's, if you decide to do that in the future. An aux. battery needs a separate 12 volt charger. It is completely independent of the rest of the cart.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO