lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-18-2017, 05:48 PM   #11
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 07 ezgo txt series. Need more power

It's way easier to use a DC reducer than an auxiliary battery with separate charge system
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-18-2017, 06:32 PM   #12
87clubcar
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
I want more power and more speed and bigger tires and added seating and and ... and I want to keep it 36v
Ha, all I'm adding is the rear seat, no lift or larger tires. I saw a cart on here where he did all the upgrades but kept it 36 v. That is where the thought process started. So if that is not kosher then so be it I'll upgrade. Just liked the idea of getting a bit faster. I would be happy with 18-20mph.

Again thanks for your time I'll be buying stuff I'm sure and will most likely go with your company, providing I'm not to stupid for getting as much info prior. And here I thought there were no stupid questions.
87clubcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 09:17 PM   #13
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87clubcar View Post
Ha, all I'm adding is the rear seat, no lift or larger tires. I saw a cart on here where he did all the upgrades but kept it 36 v. That is where the thought process started. So if that is not kosher then so be it I'll upgrade. Just liked the idea of getting a bit faster. I would be happy with 18-20mph.

Again thanks for your time I'll be buying stuff I'm sure and will most likely go with your company, providing I'm not to stupid for getting as much info prior. And here I thought there were no stupid questions.
That's right, there are no dumb questions. I'm just razzing and it's not aimed at you. (sorry)
Countless people want the series cart to come to life with big tires and added passengers on 36v.
Series carts need a voltage increase to really really perform better. Here is a little reading on upgrading series and sepex carts and what the differences are between the 2 . I hope this helps >
http://www.cartsunlimited.net/upgrade-suggestions.html
Old 05-18-2017, 10:06 PM   #14
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Quote:

Hi and welcome to the forum......mutant mentioned my build....you can see all the pieces parts in my sig. I got EVERYTHING except the motor from Scotty. the only change I would make at this point would be to use the new SR series controller....what I have is the previous generation.....AND I am still running 36v.....and with my motor it will run 25 mph all day. HOWEVER I am running 23" tall tires.....but if you keep the stock height tires (18.5" dia.).....with my set-up you would be running roughly 20 mph, so that will get you where you are wanting to go.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 06:02 AM   #15
mutant
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

48v is a big improvement over keeping it 36v-it is the best option to get more performance-the best foundation...you can always back the power down through the sr controller-you cant have more if it isnt there-overkill is highly underrated(to quote jonnieB)
mutant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 06:24 AM   #16
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Like I said, upgrading to 42 or 48 volts should either happen now, since your batteries are brand new, but that means upgrading controller, charger, FNR, solenoid, and cables.

Otherwise, you can add ScottyB's recommended upgrades, and stay at 36 volts, until your batteries die. Then you can decide if you want to upgrade pack voltage, which would only involve a new charger.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 05:16 PM   #17
87clubcar
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
Hi and welcome to the forum......mutant mentioned my build....you can see all the pieces parts in my sig. I got EVERYTHING except the motor from Scotty. the only change I would make at this point would be to use the new SR series controller....what I have is the previous generation.....AND I am still running 36v.....and with my motor it will run 25 mph all day. HOWEVER I am running 23" tall tires.....but if you keep the stock height tires (18.5" dia.).....with my set-up you would be running roughly 20 mph, so that will get you where you are wanting to go.
Thanks I'm looking at following this recipe. Seems like I'll get the best out of the cart this way. I guess the other option is selling and starting with a better platform. I'm only into her for about 2800. I think I could get that out pretty easy. Sorta on the fence about it.
Old 05-19-2017, 05:17 PM   #18
87clubcar
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurtle View Post
Like I said, upgrading to 42 or 48 volts should either happen now, since your batteries are brand new, but that means upgrading controller, charger, FNR, solenoid, and cables.

Otherwise, you can add ScottyB's recommended upgrades, and stay at 36 volts, until your batteries die. Then you can decide if you want to upgrade pack voltage, which would only involve a new charger.
Plus extra batteries correct?
Old 05-19-2017, 05:27 PM   #19
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Yes. If you want extra 6 volt batteries, now is the time to do it. If not now, you should wait until the new batteries are dead, as it's not a good idea to wait several years and mix new and old batteries. You can add 1 battery easily under the driver's seat. The second battery is more difficult to install under the seat, but can easily be placed in the bag well.

If you wait until the batteries are dead, you have the option of using six 8 volt batteries.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 05:45 PM   #20
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Thanks I'm looking at following this recipe. Seems like I'll get the best out of the cart this way. I guess the other option is selling and starting with a better platform. I'm only into her for about 2800. I think I could get that out pretty easy. Sorta on the fence about it.
If you want a street cruiser definitely sell the series cart and find a sepex drive. They are so much better at zooming around the streets. Look for PDS, TXT48, or Precedent - the last 2 being 48v already but, all 3 capable of 23mph with just a simple controller upgrade
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO