lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-16-2017, 02:24 PM   #11
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Input shaft won't line up

How old is your cart/motor? Do you know if it was ever used on a golf course - lots of miles? Changing the bearing isn't that hard, and it gives you a chance to inspect the wear on the brushes. Why do you suspect the motor bearing?
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-17-2017, 08:08 PM   #12
yamahaguy97
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Oh the marathon cart is at least 20-25 years old. I believe the motor has not been serviced for atleast 4-5 years maybe longer. I suspect the motor bearing because I had the differential opened up and checked all those bearings lol. All that is left is the motor bearing. Is there another source of the sound that I might not be thinking of?

thanks
yamahaguy97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 08:54 PM   #13
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

You mean like general gear wear?
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 07:53 AM   #14
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamahaguy97 View Post
Oh the marathon cart is at least 20-25 years old. I believe the motor has not been serviced for atleast 4-5 years maybe longer. I suspect the motor bearing because I had the differential opened up and checked all those bearings lol. All that is left is the motor bearing. Is there another source of the sound that I might not be thinking of?

thanks
I changed the bearing in my 1998, mainly because I had changed all other rear bearings, and I wanted to see how much life my brushes still had. Bearing and brushes were fine, but years don't even come close to judging miles.
Old 06-20-2017, 07:30 AM   #15
yamahaguy97
Gone Wild

Yamaha

No your right, because I can tell you in my almost 4 years of working at this location, the cart does not get used very much. I would assume though that it being such an old model and have being around for so long, in all it has been used a great deal.
Old 06-20-2017, 07:32 AM   #16
yamahaguy97
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
Yeah, your right about that, I was and still am hoping that's not the case with the cart. Otherwise unless I change the gears it will be permanent My understanding is most gear wear is not noticeable with the naked eye and you need a microscope to see the actual wear on the teeth lol
Old 06-20-2017, 07:37 AM   #17
yamahaguy97
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
The reason I don't suspect it's the gears right now though is because the high pitched whining only occurs when I get it up to 4-5 mph. also once I'm at full speed, as soon as I release the gas pedal the whining goes away instantly so it seems like that motor bearing to me. I may be wrong in my guess though..
Old 06-20-2017, 08:11 AM   #18
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamahaguy97 View Post
Yeah, your right about that, I was and still am hoping that's not the case with the cart. Otherwise unless I change the gears it will be permanent My understanding is most gear wear is not noticeable with the naked eye and you need a microscope to see the actual wear on the teeth lol
When I replaced all rear-end bearings, I put a rare earth magnet in the old oil. Didn't see much metal particles. 1998, but no golf course usage.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO