lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-11-2017, 12:06 AM   #1
Bajrang
Getting Wild

Mixed Breed

Default More photos of the mystery Club Car DS body

Does anyone recognize this body? It would help in figuring out the seats and a source to replace a broken rear light. This will be an elective class for a 14 year old young lady. Thanks, from both of us, in advance.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg body7.jpg (163.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg body3.jpg (130.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg body6.jpg (128.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg body1.jpg (141.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg body2.jpg (125.0 KB, 0 views)
Bajrang is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-11-2017, 12:14 AM   #2
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Default Re: More photos of the mystery Club Car DS body

Sorry I can't help more. But as far as the taillight goes, remove it if necessary and look at what the numbers/letters are. They will tell you what it is for unless it is 100% custom.

Also, to me the front end looks more like a Karmann Ghia than anything else. I think it was CTD who pointed out it is supposed to be a Jaguar, and that's probably what it is supposed to be.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 08:40 AM   #3
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Tail light looks like a Toyota corolla.. And that thing so needs a set of cragars
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cragar.jpg (32.6 KB, 0 views)
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 11:58 AM   #4
swm63
Gone Wild

There's a seller on Ebay that offers bodies like this from time to time.
Not an exact answer, but a call to them might lead you to what you're looking for. Just search for 'Club Car DS body'. If they have one up you'll see it.

Sellers name is pennyriver... They're out of California. Good luck.
swm63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 08:33 PM   #5
golf cart man
Gone Unrestrained

Mixed Breed

I have seen a few of those in Palm Springs, CA. I know the ones I have seen were on club car DS frames like yours appears to be. They were older carts. I don't think they manufacture them any more. A few had big over sized seats on them. Your seat handles/hip restraints look like club car DS pre-200.5 as well. Perhaps club car DS seats would fit? If it were me I would try calling a couple dealers in the Palm Springs/rancho mirage area might help. Most of those custom bodied carts were from that area.

I too have seen some of the rear bodies on eBay, most have busted up tail lights.
golf cart man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 10:19 PM   #6
Bajrang
Getting Wild

Mixed Breed

Thanks for the leads, I'll let you know what we find. Part of the class always involves research (to me one of the best parts), not near as complicated on a cart as the Isetta or Sprite, but we'll make it fun.
The red part of the tail light was narrowed from whatever it was born as (Lomax 1577-04-00), the amber lens is unmodified (Lomax 1577-05-00).
I have not found a match. Thanks for all the help so far.
Old 08-11-2017, 10:37 PM   #7
golf cart man
Gone Unrestrained

Mixed Breed

I would like to add to what I said. I remembered what the company is! Typed it in google and found it! The company is X-Ttra Reinforced Plastics.

You can find your cart front and rear on the sites below. Look at the TF-1 and the PR-1. Also you'll see the purple cart at the bottom of the page via the second link is your rear body...

http://www.a1cgc.com/tf1.html

http://www.xtrafrp.com/frm-golf.htm
Old 08-11-2017, 10:56 PM   #8
Bajrang
Getting Wild

Mixed Breed

"golf cart man" you are the man! The fact that they are made in India may make the tail light chase a little more challenging, but that's what makes it fun.
Thanks again.
Old 08-14-2017, 07:07 PM   #9
golf cart man
Gone Unrestrained

Mixed Breed

Glad I could help. Good luck to the class. Post some photos when its all done.
Old 09-27-2017, 02:26 AM   #10
Bajrang
Getting Wild

Mixed Breed

The plot thickens. Emma (15) and I pulled the body to see what was needed to bring her cart back to life. There were two unexpected finds. The frame had been attacked with a cutter and grinder, with seemingly nothing to do with the present body, and virtually every non aluminum part was deeply corroded, almost like it had been under salt water for a very long time. Some sleuthing turned up a surprise history. This was a Burning Man "Art Car," or "Mutant Vehicle" for between ten and fifteen years. The Black Rock Desert playa dust includes both gypsum, an alkaline dust, and silica. It gets in everything. Apparently people spend weeks trying to clean their cars, bikes, art cars, and belongings after the festival. Emma's MVR (Mutant Vehicle Rescue) had been stored fifty weeks of the year, (10-15 years) uncleaned and outside. At some point between BM 2015 and BM 2016 the cart had been stripped of most of its electronics and vandalized. The "art" part of the cart was removed and reconstructed on a running Yamaha for BM 2016. The shop that did the switch then took the Indian body, laid it on the cart, and presented to us as a project. I've waffled on too long here, but I'll post some pictures soon. Here is a poor photo of the cart at 2015 Burning Man.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg EMMA's MVR.jpg (123.7 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car