lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-27-2017, 02:33 PM   #1
20ezgorxv10
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Need Help, ScottyB 12v Reducer in an 2010 RXV?

Has anyone installed a ScottyB 12v reducer kit in their RXV and/or is there a decent wiring diagram for the install? I thought I saw a wiring diagram on here a while back but I am having a hard time finding it when searching...

I have a wet sounds sound bar coming and I want to rewire the light kit to pull evenly.

Any help is appreciated.
20ezgorxv10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-27-2017, 04:11 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Need Help, ScottyB 12v Reducer in an 2010 RXV?

Hook the negative to battery pack negative. Hook the positive (and trigger/keyswitch wire if applicable) to the swicthed large terminal of the main solenoid. That will be the large wire that goes from the solenoid to controller B+. Don't even think about hooking up to the keyswitch wires, unless unnecessarily buying a new controller is high on your to-do list. Don't worry about the solenoid turning off when the pedal is released, that's not how a Rxv works. Solenoid is always on when key is in any position besides Off, with the exception of the automatic time out from no activity after sitting idle for half hour.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 07:20 PM   #3
20ezgorxv10
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
Hook the negative to battery pack negative. Hook the positive (and trigger/keyswitch wire if applicable) to the swicthed large terminal of the main solenoid. That will be the large wire that goes from the solenoid to controller B+. Don't even think about hooking up to the keyswitch wires, unless unnecessarily buying a new controller is high on your to-do list. Don't worry about the solenoid turning off when the pedal is released, that's not how a Rxv works. Solenoid is always on when key is in any position besides Off, with the exception of the automatic time out from no activity after sitting idle for half hour.
Thanks for the quick response, after reading about how finicky these are with anything ill wired, I wanted to make sure I wasn't assuming anything and didn't end up replacing the controller.
Old 12-03-2017, 03:35 PM   #4
20ezgorxv10
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
For the sake of being overly cautious here, the post I am pointing to here, correct?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg B00095C6-FABB-4BA5-8E5E-A251FA8AC655.jpg (146.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 12-03-2017, 03:47 PM   #5
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Yes, converter B+ to that post.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO