lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-31-2018, 04:16 PM   #1
jf eebs
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 36v reducer + relay + toggle switch

So I've been going through every post I can find over the last couple weeks about wiring a reducers with relays and toggle switches, making sure I do it right. I have all the wires I have everything pretty much together I want to make sure I'm doing this correctly.

From the 36 volt pack, I have a ground going to the input of the voltage reducer, then I have a power wire going from my 36 volt pack to a relay and then the relay going to a toggle switch. Then I have relay grounded. Now does the toggle switch go to the input of my voltage reducer? I've looked at that relay diagram that was posted and, I'm not wiring my relay to the ignition, I'm wiring it to a toggle switch. On the diagram that's been posted, it shows the 1 Terminal in the relay going to the input of the reducer and one going to the ignition switch. I can run the one wire from the relay to the input of the reducer but where does the other terminal of the toggle switch go to?

My reducer does not have a 5th wire for on off. And my heavy duty duty toggle switch just has two terminals. I bought the relay that's been posted in here a bunch of times and I've been trying to follow that diagram. Can anyone help me with the last piece of my wiring puzzle?

After the voltage reducer I've got a blue sea fuse block with grounds and I've got that all set up.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
jf eebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-31-2018, 05:35 PM   #2
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 36v reducer + relay + toggle switch

I’m not an expert at this, at all, but I did use a relay for mine. I used one because I had expensive, but lightweight switches. I’m pretty sure you can get toggles that can handle the load and not require a relay.

That being said, here’s the basics:

Energize the relay coil with pins 85, 86. One is - and the other is + that is controlled through your toggle. Pretty sure I used 85 as -, but not sure it matters.

Run 36v to 30, and out from 87 to your reducer. Again, pretty sure these two can be either way as well.

12v wire out from your reducer to your fuse block.

Hopefully someone more knowledgeable jumps in right away, but the basics are that you’re energizing the relay to complete the circuit of a heavier load that the switch can’t handle. The only load the switch ends up seeing is to keep the relay energized.

Hope this helps at least some.
orangeman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO