lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-16-2018, 12:59 PM   #21
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Ezgo Txt 48v won’t go

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgray70 View Post
I think he said this was an SR control. It wouldn't supply the negative like the XCT. Or does it?

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
The SR supplies B- when pedal is pushed.

In a stock series drive TXT, the black wire from the solenoid coil was connected to the B- terminal on the controller. With SR controller, the controller does it so it knows when the solenoid is supposed to be closed.

I posted a schematic for a SR in a series drive TXT earlier in this thread.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-16-2018, 01:04 PM   #22
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

[emoji106]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
The SR supplies B- when pedal is pushed.

In a stock series drive TXT, the black wire from the solenoid coil was connected to the B- terminal on the controller. With SR controller, the controller does it so it knows when the solenoid is supposed to be closed.

I posted a schematic for a SR in a series drive TXT earlier in this thread.
Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
mgray70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 02:23 PM   #23
Bkfiremedic
Gone Wild

Quote:
The is a red wire from the solenoid's small terminal with the banded end of the diode on it that connects to the controller. Check for pack voltage on the controller's terminal this wire is connected to when solenoid clicks.

If no pack voltage, fix the red wire.

If there is pack voltage, the controller might be bad. (It is being told to power up and isn't doing so.)

Ok, I have pack voltage going to the controller. Does the controller tell the solenoid to close the circuit? Because the solenoid doesn’t click.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bkfiremedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 04:37 PM   #24
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Just for grins run the J1 black (solenoid negative) wire over to the controller B- and see if the solenoid works. If yes leave it there. Sometimes the J1 black can be quirky .
If no, a no click situation exits. determine if + or - is missing from the small posts when it should be clicking and we can go from there.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 05:48 PM   #25
Bkfiremedic
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Just for grins run the J1 black (solenoid negative) wire over to the controller B- and see if the solenoid works. If yes leave it there. Sometimes the J1 black can be quirky .

If no, a no click situation exits. determine if + or - is missing from the small posts when it should be clicking and we can go from there.

Ok so I disconnected the J1 end, changed the end to a ring terminal, and mounted it to B-. The solenoid now clicks but the cart still doesn’t go anywhere.

Old 07-17-2018, 11:51 AM   #26
Bkfiremedic
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post

So what’s next? If your gonna tell me my controllers bad I’m gonna pull my hair out lol.

Old 07-17-2018, 11:55 AM   #27
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bkfiremedic View Post
So what’s next? If your gonna tell me my controllers bad I’m gonna pull my hair out lol.

Cut and paste of my post#20 (edited to change The to There)

There is a red wire from the solenoid's small terminal with the banded end of the diode on it that connects to the controller. Check for pack voltage on the controller's terminal this wire is connected to when solenoid clicks.

If no pack voltage, fix the red wire.
If there is pack voltage, the controller might be bad. (It is being told to power up and isn't doing so.)
Old 07-17-2018, 12:04 PM   #28
Bkfiremedic
Gone Wild

Quote:
Ok, I have pack voltage going to the controller. Does the controller tell the solenoid to close the circuit? Because the solenoid doesn’t click.

Old 07-17-2018, 12:50 PM   #29
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:

If you have pack voltage going to the controller via the red wire attached to one of the solenoid's small terminals, and the solenoid clicks when you connect the black wire on the other small terminal to B-, but your cart doesn't go, your controller is bad.

Technically, the problem might be the throttle, but in your first post you stated the LED wasn't lighting up and I suggested you connect a laptop to it, which powers up the controller via the USB port instead of voltage on the red wire that normally powers it up. That pretty much eliminates the throttle as the problem.

Contact the vendor you got the controller from, or Alltrax, and get an RMA#.
Old 07-17-2018, 01:29 PM   #30
Bkfiremedic
Gone Wild

Quote:
If you have pack voltage going to the controller via the red wire attached to one of the solenoid's small terminals, and the solenoid clicks when you connect the black wire on the other small terminal to B-, but your cart doesn't go, your controller is bad.

Technically, the problem might be the throttle, but in your first post you stated the LED wasn't lighting up and I suggested you connect a laptop to it, which powers up the controller via the USB port instead of voltage on the red wire that normally powers it up. That pretty much eliminates the throttle as the problem.

Contact the vendor you got the controller from, or Alltrax, and get an RMA#.

As I stated in post #13 in this thread I connected my laptop to the controller and powered it up, I got a sequence of 4 flashing green lights and that’s it. Without being connected to my laptop the green status light doesn’t come on. I bought all of my stuff thru ScottyB in Sept of last year.

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO