lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-07-2018, 02:45 PM   #1
sunking
Gone Wild

Default 2006 EZGO PDS Freedom 48 Volt Upgrade

Well my buddy finally bought a cart a EZGO PDS Freedom model in good shape but needs batteries. Want to make sure I got this right. At this time he only has funds for batteries, wiring, solenoid, and controller. Motor will have to wait a month or two.

So the question is if we replace the 6 x T-105's and replace them with 6 x T-8775 making a 48 volt battery, replace the battery wiring with #2 AWG, and upgrade controller and solenoid to 400-Amps can the factory motor handle 48 volts until we replace it?

I think it should, but want to be certain. If it does means a bit more speed.
sunking is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-07-2018, 04:07 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2006 EZGO PDS Freedom 48 Volt Upgrade

The stock PDS motor is seems to over work on 48v greatly reducing it's useful life. It leaps to a start and generally over reacts to this much voltage increase.
If you know the motor is a throw away- go for it - just turn the controller down to about 400a max and set on turf mode with no turbo.
I suggest nothing over 42v for this motor - even then it shortens it's life a bit.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 04:08 PM   #3
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

It wont last forever, but if you plan on a motor soon, you should get by. You cannot charge 48v batteries with a 36v charger, and you cant use a 12v car charger to successfully/accurately charge 8v batteries.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 05:01 PM   #4
sunking
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
It wont last forever, but if you plan on a motor soon, you should get by. You cannot charge 48v batteries with a 36v charger, and you cant use a 12v car charger to successfully/accurately charge 8v batteries.
Charger is not an issue as it can do both 36 and 48 volts. We are planning for the future.

Anyway thanks, that is what I needed to know.
sunking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 05:43 PM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

You got it SK
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO