lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-15-2018, 08:19 PM   #11
The Big Guy
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: RXV No Voltage at Brake Harness

OK, thanks for the info. I went back and did it again double chekcing results across two reds and was getting impedance all over the map. 200 ohms through 20 ohms. Never stable, just bouncing all over. So I am guessing that means either the sensor or the switch that comes out of left side of pedal are bad. I am replacing both and will update thread.

I would entertain the idea of replacing harness and cable that connect to the rotary sensor on right side of the brake pedal, but I am not sure where that connects to go back to the controller. I would like to avoid taking the body off if possible but I guess that's not a huge deal.

Thoughts?
The Big Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-15-2018, 09:20 PM   #12
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Guy View Post
OK, thanks for the info. I went back and did it again double chekcing results across two reds and was getting impedance all over the map. 200 ohms through 20 ohms. Never stable, just bouncing all over. So I am guessing that means either the sensor or the switch that comes out of left side of pedal are bad. I am replacing both and will update thread.

I would entertain the idea of replacing harness and cable that connect to the rotary sensor on right side of the brake pedal, but I am not sure where that connects to go back to the controller. I would like to avoid taking the body off if possible but I guess that's not a huge deal.

Thoughts?
That is directly connected to the rest of the main harness going back to the controller. It is not a removable section without cutting and splicing wires. From the varying impedances, it sounds like the mechanical brake switch on the left side of the pedal has a bad contact that is intermittent. That will prevent proper and reliable motor brake operation. It unplugs from the harness, so is fairly easy to replace... You will probably need to remove the pedal assembly to get at the two mounting screws.

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 04:08 PM   #13
The Big Guy
Not Yet Wild

Well, I replaced the rotary sensor and the brake switch harness. My cart still will not move.

The impedance across the switch is now 0.1 Ohms, so that passes the test.

I am now officially out of ideas. Anyone else have any?
The Big Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2021, 12:21 PM   #14
Sflakman
Not Yet Wild

I am having this same issue. Did you come up with a solution?
Sflakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2021, 12:56 PM   #15
MUDSLINGER250
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sflakman View Post
I am having this same issue. Did you come up with a solution?
Took it to the dealer they found a loose red wire or broken red wire around controller plug. Said its something that happens regularly with the lifted carts thsts used offroad. I've since sold the cart and bought a polaris ranger crew 1000. Way better suited for my needs.
MUDSLINGER250 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brake, ezgo, rxv, stuck
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO