lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-05-2019, 10:57 PM   #11
DFW Rusty
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: TXT 36V still dead after alltrax SR48500 install! :(

Are you talking about the red jumper that goes accross the 2 micro switches? If so it to only has power in reverse.

On the passenger side is the orange wire and s red one going to the horn. Then a red wire on the other side of the micro switch that jumps to the driver side micro switch. The blue wire is piggy backed on the red jumper. Then on the other side of the driver side micro switch is the wire that goes to the charger.
DFW Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-06-2019, 12:39 AM   #12
DFW Rusty
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

The best I can figure is the passenger side micro switch is out. But would that really kill the entire system? I tried jumping accross and aside from getting powe to the ignition, nothing else happens. The controller doesn't light up, no clicking from the solenoid, no buzz from the reverse alarm... the system is still dead.

I'm not 100% sure the pass side micro is dead, that's just the conclusion I'm drawing from all the testing I keep doing.
Old 01-06-2019, 07:42 AM   #13
handtools
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

I don't think I have read switch on the wires coming off the charging port.

You do have a reed switch, it is inside the charge receptacle. The small white wire that is cut is coming from the reed switch, check to see if you have pack voltage on the small white wire, (small white wire to pack negative) if not you need to bypass the reed switch. Remove that black wire between the small white wire and the red wire and connect the red wire to either the big white wire coming out of the charge receptacle or directly to the pack positive. Check the link below to see a picture of the reed switch bypass.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/attac...tch-bypass.jpg
handtools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 08:29 AM   #14
70oldsracer
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFW Rusty View Post
The best I can figure is the passenger side micro switch is out. But would that really kill the entire system? I tried jumping accross and aside from getting powe to the ignition, nothing else happens. The controller doesn't light up, no clicking from the solenoid, no buzz from the reverse alarm... the system is still dead.

I'm not 100% sure the pass side micro is dead, that's just the conclusion I'm drawing from all the testing I keep doing.
Here is a pic of my old set up and a diagram which has been posted many times. Go back to Scotty's post, he really explained it very clearly. The light blue wire is the ignition switch wire, the green wire in the back on the right goes to the molex connector and the other side of ignition switch. The orange wire coming off the reverse micro switch goes to the controller. The thin red wire is a jumper from one micro switch to the other. Now, you'll see a dark blue wire hooked up to the tab on the fwd micro switch just above the light blue wire, you should have a red wire coming from your charging receptacle which should have full pack voltage, it goes there. I didn't go back and read your other post, but did you check your molex plug (red,green,black and white) that plug is notorious for giving problems. If you think your FWD/REV switch is bad, I will give you my old one, you just pick up the shipping so you can find out for sure. Hope this helped and didn't confuse you more, good luck.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4292.jpg (87.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Ezgo Series solenoid activation diagram.jpg (115.3 KB, 0 views)
70oldsracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 09:43 AM   #15
DFW Rusty
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by handtools View Post
I don't think I have read switch on the wires coming off the charging port.

You do have a reed switch, it is inside the charge receptacle. The small white wire that is cut is coming from the reed switch, check to see if you have pack voltage on the small white wire, (small white wire to pack negative) if not you need to bypass the reed switch. Remove that black wire between the small white wire and the red wire and connect the red wire to either the big white wire coming out of the charge receptacle or directly to the pack positive. Check the link below to see a picture of the reed switch bypass.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/attac...tch-bypass.jpg

Yup. Inside the recepticle!!! I bypassed it and bingo!!! We have power! The golf cart is 100% functioning! I've never been so happy to hear the back up alarm!

Thank yall so much for the help, I was so disappointed last night when I couldnt figure it out!. I just ordered a new reed switch, and when it gets here I'm going to run a new wire from the reed to the micro switch.

In the mean time is it ok to drive it without the reed switch?
Old 01-06-2019, 09:55 AM   #16
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Yes it is - glad you found the problem.
Thank you handtools and oldracer for contributing.

Without the power to the passenger side micro switch there could not have been power to the ignition in forward or reverse. Be safe and have fun
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 10:06 AM   #17
handtools
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Glad you got it going!
handtools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 10:20 AM   #18
70oldsracer
Gone Wild

This forum is great and I couldn't have got my cart up and running without it. I'm always happy to give back whenever I can Glad you got it fixed.
70oldsracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 10:23 AM   #19
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by handtools View Post
Glad you got it going!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70oldsracer View Post
This forum is great and I couldn't have got my cart up and running without it. I'm always happy to give back whenever I can Glad you got it fixed.
That is what this forum is all about
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 11:21 AM   #20
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

I made the mistake of replacing my reed switch, and the new one lasted a year or so before it broke. It's a glass magnetic switch potted in plastic. If you drive anywhere that's bumpier than a golf course, it's only a matter of time before your replacement breaks.

Fortunately, both of mine "died" while on the charger. The Normally Closed contacts open when the charger is plugged in, allowing the broken glass to fall and keep them open. There's no guarantee the broken glass won't shift, leaving you stranded. I'd sell the darn thing if I were you.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO