lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-11-2019, 10:42 PM   #21
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 98 EZGO TXT series 36 v

You don't need to go by sound. Just touch your DMM probe on the green wire, which should read good at MS3. Then probe the other side of MS3, which is red. If you don't have pack positive on the red wire on MS3 when the pedal is pressed, the switch is bad.

While you're waiting for a new MS3, you should test MS4. You should always have pack positive on MS4 red wire, whick also connects to MS2 via a red jumper. You should only have pack positive on MS4 orange wire when cart is in reverse. KS1 isn't required to be on for this.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-12-2019, 08:55 AM   #22
70oldsracer
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurtle View Post
You don't need to go by sound. Just touch your DMM probe on the green wire, which should read good at MS3. Then probe the other side of MS3, which is red. If you don't have pack positive on the red wire on MS3 when the pedal is pressed, the switch is bad.

While you're waiting for a new MS3, you should test MS4. You should always have pack positive on MS4 red wire, whick also connects to MS2 via a red jumper. You should only have pack positive on MS4 orange wire when cart is in reverse. KS1 isn't required to be on for this.
Couldn't he just make a jumper wire from green to red and bypass the micro switch just to see if the solenoid clicks? I am by no means suggesting he tries to run the cart like this, just for testing purposes only. He said it was up on jack stands already.
70oldsracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 09:03 AM   #23
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

No need for a jump wire. To temporarily bypass a safety micro switch simply put both wires on the same terminal for diagnostic purposes.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 09:15 AM   #24
70oldsracer
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
No need for a jump wire. To temporarily bypass a safety micro switch simply put both wires on the same terminal for diagnostic purposes.
Jumper wire/same terminal, you say potato, I say pototo
Old 01-12-2019, 01:09 PM   #25
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Why use a jumper if you have a DMM? It's good to learn "good" habits if you're just learning. If you wanna jumper things, you can just sell the DMM, and save the money for replacing the things that go BOOM.
Old 01-12-2019, 01:47 PM   #26
70oldsracer
Gone Wild

Quote:
Why use a jumper if you have a DMM? It's good to learn "good" habits if you're just learning. If you wanna jumper things, you can just sell the DMM, and save the money for replacing the things that go BOOM.
Because, if he uses a jumper to bypasses the micro switch and the solenoid clicks, he can press the pedal to see if the wheels turn. He can also check the ITS to see if he's getting the correct voltage. There's a lot of things he can do if he bypasses the micro switch. The DMM is a great tool, but it's nice to have actual voltage going through the system for testing. I'm not trying to argue, just saying, either way works.
Old 01-12-2019, 01:51 PM   #27
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Yep. In this case it's no risk for testing. Once you get into bypassing the solenoid however...
Old 01-13-2019, 10:52 AM   #28
DomDotCom
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:

Okay. I'm getting 39 volts at ms3 on the red wire 0 volts on the green wire at ms3. While cart is in neutral I'm getting zero at red wire on ms4 0 on red wire at MS2. Pack voltage present at orange wire on MS2 in neutral. Pack voltage present at orange wire on MS2 in reverse. Pack voltage present on red wire in forward on ms4 and MS2. No voltage on blue wire at ms3 forward

Sorry for the confusing post.
DomDotCom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 11:20 AM   #29
DomDotCom
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

So disregard last post... im confusing myself because I've never worked on DC like this. I tried to bypass the pedal switch and a spark flew. I decided im gonna wait till I get the new micro switch till i do any more testing
DomDotCom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 12:41 PM   #30
70oldsracer
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomDotCom View Post
So disregard last post... im confusing myself because I've never worked on DC like this. I tried to bypass the pedal switch and a spark flew. I decided im gonna wait till I get the new micro switch till i do any more testing
With the key off, you shouldn't have had sparks flying. If you don't feel comfortable, then wait until you get the new switch. If you want to try it again, just make sure the key switch is off, connect the jumper and when you turn the key on, you should hear the solenoid click. Again, do this with the rear wheels off the ground.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO