lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-27-2019, 09:03 AM   #1
penndutch
Not Yet Wild

Default 42v 2000 does not go -motor tested ok

The 42v Western Elegante, on a EZGo frame, I am told, cart does not go. Key on, all accessories work, reverse beeper works, solenoid clicks when pedal depressed, tested motor separately & runs. Have proper battery voltage, selector FnR seems to work properly. I need some suggestions or directions to test my way to the faulty component.
penndutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-28-2019, 11:12 AM   #2
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 42v 2000 does not go -motor tested ok

When you say you have proper battery voltage, what is the actual reading from the battery?

I am guessing it is series, but can you verify if it is series or sepex?

I'm not the expert, but...
Since your solenoid clicks it sounds like your pedal switch is working properly Do you get full pack V on the other side of the solenoid when it clicks?
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 12:36 PM   #3
penndutch
Not Yet Wild

Hi,

Thank you for your response. I had basically given up on no response. I have 7 6volt batteries. 42.7volts at battery 1 positive and battery 7 negative. So full voltage. The on-off switch is working. I can wire the motor direct and it turns. I need some help figuring the wiring basics.
Old 02-03-2019, 12:37 PM   #4
penndutch
Not Yet Wild

When you say the other side of the solenoid, there are 4 terminals, two large, two small. Where do you mean & where do they connect to?
Old 02-03-2019, 12:54 PM   #5
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

The solenoid is a switch. Small terminals on the solenoid are the control circuit: to turn the solenoid on & off. Big terminals are the power path to the motor. The small terminals are apparently doing what they should if the solenoid "clicks". The big terminals will be the pack+ (from your battery 1 positive) and the cable taking that power onward to the controller. With a volt meter: put your + test lead on the side of terminal from the + battery cable and the - test lead on the other terminal that goes out the to controller. With ignition switch on, but NOT pushing the accelerator pedal yet you should show a small voltage (usually 1 to 3 volts, but can vary). When you then push the pedal that voltage SHOULD drop to zero. Let us know what you find.

**WARNING** put the rear of the cart off the ground on jack stands just in case it decides to move after all.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 01:25 PM   #6
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by penndutch View Post
Hi,

Thank you for your response. I had basically given up on no response. I have 7 6volt batteries. 42.7volts at battery 1 positive and battery 7 negative. So full voltage. The on-off switch is working. I can wire the motor direct and it turns. I need some help figuring the wiring basics.
42.7V is not full voltage, it is less than 60% charged. Fully charged is 44.6V or higher depending on which brand batteries you have.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SoC vs Voltage - Trojan Battery.JPG (56.9 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
testing values, troubleshoot
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO