lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-21-2019, 07:40 PM   #1
doublestack00
Getting Wild

Default Picked up a 05 DS Gas, got some ?

So my parents had this 2005 DS sitting around they never use. It has an older lift on it and seems to be in decent physical condition.

They are offering it to me for $2000. Before I dive into it wanted to make sure it was worth it.

It fires right up with out issue but just does not seem to have any power. Going up a hill it is barely faster than walking speed. I took it for a ride and at one point it cut out on me. It took a few tries to get it back going.

Any idea on where to start? I pulled the plug and it was cover is dark black stuff and looks to be the wrong plug.

It also needs a new drive belt, rear seat bottom and probably shocks as they seem completely worn out.

Know that does it seem like it'd be worth 2K plus fixing it?

doublestack00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-22-2019, 07:25 AM   #2
Ponchjoe
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Picked up a 05 DS Gas, got some ?

IMHO it’s totally worth 2k and fixing up if that’s what you want to do. I would think it would be gone quickly at even 25-2600.

Give it a compression check if it’s good, tune it up, fresh fuel and put the belts on it. As far as power, the belt, Clutch, carb, or low compression could be the issue.
Ponchjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 07:36 AM   #3
BearsFan315
Gone Wild

Yamaha

2k is not bad if it is in good condition, any picts ??

i picked up an 08 DS

probably needs a tune up and new belts
that is where i would start...

maybe clutch rebuild/replace but can check that when you do the belts.

mine ran ok, but i did a tune up and such and oh my what a difference runs smooth. still need new belts, but that is in the works my 1929 is priority one. hope to have that on the road this summer, then golf cart comes in for tear down and rebuild :)

i'm a one man project, helps me stay focused !! be six years in June with the 1929
BearsFan315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 04:20 PM   #4
doublestack00
Getting Wild

Installed a new (correct) spark plug
Checked the compression and its around 130, is that good?
Drive belt actually looks new, seems loose though. It's a gates 6079, is that correct?
Tried to check the valves, both valves were up and I could not get a .004 filer in the top.
Old 04-26-2019, 05:50 PM   #5
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

130 is low. But if you cant get a .004 in, they're too tight which can lower compression. also make sure you hold the carb wide open when testing or that will cause it to be low too.
CP241 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 06:55 PM   #6
doublestack00
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
130 is low. But if you cant get a .004 in, they're too tight which can lower compression. also make sure you hold the carb wide open when testing or that will cause it to be low too.

Is there a guide with more detail on this so I can make sure I'm doing it correctly?
Old 04-27-2019, 01:18 PM   #7
Ponchjoe
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
Are we looking for 150?, if he hold it wide open and cranks it might end up 150.
Ponchjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 01:45 PM   #8
doublestack00
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponchjoe View Post
Are we looking for 150?, if he hold it wide open and cranks it might end up 150.
I am not sure, I just pushed the throttle and let it turn once or twice I did not really push it hard.
Old 04-28-2019, 02:03 PM   #9
doublestack00
Getting Wild

With the plug swap, valve adjustment and flushing all the old gas it now runs pretty good.

Still on the slow side but in think its because I am used to my RXV that's faster than most karts.
Old 04-28-2019, 02:32 PM   #10
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

You can use the zip tie trick and make a small adjustment to the governor arm to get a little more speed out of it. With those tires you should be able to get close to 20mph without hitting the rev limiter.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car