lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-27-2019, 12:47 AM   #1
ftcnet
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Which controller for 2000 DS?

Working on my recently acquired 2000 DS Club Car. It used to run. During battery swap there was a spark when (last) positive was connected. Dead ever since. Measure 48V OK, charger seems to work, bypassed OBC, no change.

Took it to the local golf-cart repair guy, but he couldn't find any obvious problem and didn't want to spend any more time on it. Took it to a local auto/farm-equip't repair shop, their guy thinks it could be a bad controller.

S# is: A0033-918939 Looking through the parts list is a bit confusing, but I see the following controller part #'s that look like they might work:

101840201 - Repair shop guy thinks this might work
101840202 - Local golf-cart repair guy has this one
101887901 - I think this might be the correct one?

Do we need additional info to answer:
Which controller should I get? or is there a recommended alternative - Alltrax, GE, etc.. that would be a better choice?
ftcnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-27-2019, 01:13 AM   #2
Dlab
Gone Wild

Default Re: Which controller for 2000 DS?

Alltrax. It’s programmable through a lap top.......and delivers more power than you’ve seen if your bone stock..........Go 2GA cables and the motor of your choice and you have everything you could want in an electric cart.

Check out cartsunlimited.net
Dlab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 04:03 AM   #3
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Alltrax controllers also have the added benefit of being able to plug it in to a laptop. This allows you to change settings, as well as trouble shoot problems.
BBBHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 06:07 AM   #4
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

I am pretty sure from that serial number that is a Series cart and not a Powerdrive Plus.

With that being said, as our members mentioned above, the Alltrax SR series controller is what you want. To make sure of your needs and to meet your goals, contact David Hicks at Revolution Golf Cars and he will get you what you need at the best cost and customer service. https://www.revolutiongolfcars.com/c...-club-car-ds-i
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 06:25 AM   #5
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Alltrax SR without doubt. Get it from one of the sponsors, like Scotty at cartsunlimited.net or David like mentioned above. [emoji1303]
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 07:45 AM   #6
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

theres nothing wrong with a FSIP Controller , simple plug and play for a series cart . I have been running one for 10 years

CLICK HERE
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car