lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-09-2019, 10:26 PM   #1
BBIGGS88
Not Yet Wild

Default Replacing 10 pin controller plug

Does anybody know wherr you can find a pre wired 10 pin plug for an Ezgo pds? I bought a plug with the pins and can not get everything crimped properly and seated correctly. I would like a plug with pins and short wires I can tie in to existing wires. I would like to stay away from buying the $200 full harness
BBIGGS88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-10-2019, 05:53 AM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Replacing 10 pin controller plug

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBIGGS88 View Post
Does anybody know wherr you can find a pre wired 10 pin plug for an Ezgo pds? I bought a plug with the pins and can not get everything crimped properly and seated correctly. I would like a plug with pins and short wires I can tie in to existing wires. I would like to stay away from buying the $200 full harness
as an alternative…..do you have any place near you that is kind of like a cart junk yard? of a big cart shop that has and carts laying around? if so, seek out one of those and snach one off of an old cart there.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 12:55 PM   #3
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Get your hands on an old PC power supply (anything from the last 20 years will do, probably can be found for free). It's main plug will have the part you need if you carve the un-needed portions off.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 11:36 PM   #4
Imapled
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

It is a common Molex worth about 10 cents.

10 POS Molex
39-29-3106

That may be the female part number. But, if you go to Molex's website and put that part number in it will show you the various Male ends for it.

The ITS Molex is:

4 POS Molex
39-30-2040

Speed sensor:

3 POS Molex
39-30-1039

I believe the T/R is:

4 POS Molex
39-28-1043

PS: Don't forget to order the Molex pins you need for either male or female. Any good electronics store will have all these parts. Sayal Electronics (if you are in Canada) has all that stuff right on the shelf. Even the Molex pushers, tweezers etc...

Fry's Electronics use to have this stuff in California in the early 2000's when I lived in San Jose.

Cheers,
Impaled
Imapled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 03:07 AM   #5
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Here's the thing, he's not having luck making the crimps good, and keeping everything square. (Which requires tools average folks don't have in the box). Looking for another solution that doesn't require making the pins perfect. Or at least that's what I gathered.. continue on that, if that was the way for you.

Crappy "crimp squeezers" can't do that job worth ****, I get where he's coming from (from when I felt the same pains).

These connectors hate anything other than two options, crimp it with the correct "special tool" , or solder it very carefully. (Another skill that many reserve themselves from, for uncertainty or fear). Learn to solder! Learn from a friend, then, teach a friend! It's not Scarry, hard, or very expensive. (Learn to solder on YouTube, if you have no friends)

The special crimper is expensive for the "diy guy", but, some can do several sizes, and is a joy to have, when you see the other connectors it can "unofficially" also do very well. Wish I had a name brand for ya, stay away from HF/china, the real ones might cost actual money. If it's the first $60 specialized tool you had to buy?? If you go shop ebay/amazon , skip the dirt cheap ones.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 07:37 AM   #6
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Last ones I did crimped with a small pair of needle nose pliers then soldered. Crimps were good enough to keep them from moving around.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 08:24 AM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
Here's the thing, he's not having luck making the crimps good, and keeping everything square. (Which requires tools average folks don't have in the box). Looking for another solution that doesn't require making the pins perfect. Or at least that's what I gathered.. continue on that, if that was the way for you.

Crappy "crimp squeezers" can't do that job worth ****, I get where he's coming from (from when I felt the same pains).

These connectors hate anything other than two options, crimp it with the correct "special tool" , or solder it very carefully. (Another skill that many reserve themselves from, for uncertainty or fear). Learn to solder! Learn from a friend, then, teach a friend! It's not Scarry, hard, or very expensive. (Learn to solder on YouTube, if you have no friends)

The special crimper is expensive for the "diy guy", but, some can do several sizes, and is a joy to have, when you see the other connectors it can "unofficially" also do very well. Wish I had a name brand for ya, stay away from HF/china, the real ones might cost actual money. If it's the first $60 specialized tool you had to buy?? If you go shop ebay/amazon , skip the dirt cheap ones.
I agree. Having tried both the cheap and the expensive tools I can affirm that the expensive tool(s) is needed. Every cart shop should have an old ezgo out back you can cut the plug off with 6-12 inches of wire attached.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 08:58 AM   #8
Timberwolflt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Color code won’t match but this plug should get you what you want

https://www.amazon.com/COMeap-Mother.../dp/B07JKFMJJP

A little time, solder and heat shrink and you’re in there
Timberwolflt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 11:18 AM   #9
Imapled
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
The other alternative is that electrical stores that sell the parts often lend the tools out. Or clip the old one off with lots of slack and bring it to an electronic store and they may be able to crimp a new end for you. Ask them at the store first before cutting it off. Then you can crimp it back on wire-to-wire where you cut it off.
Imapled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 08:44 PM   #10
BBIGGS88
Not Yet Wild

First I would like to thank everyone on this forum. The amount of help I have received is incredible. I ended up finding a local store that clipped me a harness off an old cart. Action Buggies in Willis, TX. I bought my Trojan batteries from them too they had a really good price and the guys there are top notch. Unfortunately the problem continues. I have replaced everything on this cart as far as wires, cables, motor, controller, battery and still im having an issue. The reason I wanted to replace the switch was because the pin that was burnt had a wire that came from this switch. I replaced the 10 pin plug and same issue. I replaced the f/r switch today and before as soon as I would switch to forward or reverse it would throw the code and solenoid would click in neutral the light would show the controller is working properly. After changing the f and r switch the problem changed. I get the same code but I can be in neutral, forward or reverse and I don't get the short circuit/output fault code until I push the pedal. Everything has been replaced on this cart except the key switch and the circular thing where the pedals plunger goes through in the same box as the micro switch. What should I do? Replace the last couple of parts or am I missing something?

This cart is an ezgo pds, converted to 48v, new trojan 8v batteries, new admiral b4 motor, new alltrax 500 amp controller, new heavy duty solenoid, 2 gauge cables, 6 gauge cables on f1 and f2, new f and r switch, new micro switch. What else is ther?
BBIGGS88 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
controller, ezgo, pds, txt, wiring
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO