lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-28-2019, 05:19 PM   #1
Paulmac73
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 2006 EZGO TXT PDS Motor Replacement

I recently acquired a 2006 model PDS that just stopped running before I got it from my in-laws. I ran diagnostics and got the "open armature" code. I followed the tech manual voltage testing and it says I need a new motor. My question is: The cart is currently all stock with a back seat but I plan to add a-arm lift kit and 22 - 23" tires. If I just replace the motor with an OEM will I eventually have controller issues due to the increased load of the bigger tires? I found a motor that will run with the original controller but can also run with a 400amp controller and upgraded solenoid. I am thinking just buy this motor and upgrade the controller/solenoid if and when it gives up. What would y'all recommend? If an OEM spec motor will perform alright with the bigger tires I would rather not spend the money up front to upgrade the controller. I'm also looking for motor recommendations. Thanks for any help y'all can offer!
Paulmac73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-28-2019, 05:59 PM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2006 EZGO TXT PDS Motor Replacement

Neither the stock PDS motor, nor stock PDS controller can handle 22" or 23" tires, or at least not for very long.

In a nutshell, you'll need a motor that has 28% more than stock torque just to break even with stock performance.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 07:03 PM   #3
Paulmac73
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks JohnieB. I've been looking on Carts Unlimited since I posted and I found the Admiral MOT-B2 motor. It says it will do 36 or 48v and is compatible with stock, 400, or 500 amp controllers. I'm thinking this is exactly what I'm looking for. In the near future I will be upgrading controller and going to a 48v pack. Is there any way I can damage this motor running it with stock controller and increased tire size? Until the full cart build is complete it won't be getting used too much. I'm just trying to not spend a fortune all at once. I'm really not concerned with performance right now. I just want a motor that will get it running for now and will perform well with the extra tire height after the controller and 48v upgrade. Thanks again!
Old 09-28-2019, 10:06 PM   #4
rib33024

Did you test the motor to see if it's bad before you buy a new one

rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 10:57 PM   #5
Paulmac73
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

[QUOTE=rib33024;1657258]Did you test the motor to see if it's bad before you buy a new one

I have not done that yet, just the voltage checks per the tech manual. I'll check the motor like that tomorrow to verify. Thanks!
Old 10-19-2019, 09:46 PM   #6
pedrofixlater
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I just did this on a 2008 PDS My thread is MOT-B2

MOT-B2 works great better torque than stock motor

I installed the XCT 400 controller 200 amp solenoid 2 years ago.

Just upgraded to 48 volts and an MOT-B2 motor but only 20.5 inch tires no lift. big difference.

I also installed 2 ga wires

You will need a 48 volt charger
pedrofixlater is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO