lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-16-2019, 07:59 PM   #11
duranmichael559
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Speed control unlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBoyce View Post
Even with Freedom mode, which was on by default on the 48V Express's that I messed with... I was unable to get it to near 20 MPH without tweaking the motor maps.

I was able to tweak my way to about 25 MPH by manually adjusting the motor maps. It took me about 3 hours to do it, so not something that I am interested in doing again. The biggest problem is the voltage requirement of the SepEx motor used in the 48V Express. It is obviously a higher voltage motor than 48V. It would take a minimum of 60V to get a decent speed without tweaking the motor maps. I feel that 72V would be required to get similar performance to the 72V versions. That would require a 72V SepEx controller from Alltrax.

Bob

Thank you very much for all the useful information.... where would I be able to purchase a scanner or control tool to be able to change the mapping and to unlock it to freedom mode?

I知 glad that is is possible to make the stock ezgo express to hit 25mph

If your ever interested I値l be willing to pay for this service to my speed control lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
duranmichael559 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-17-2019, 12:02 AM   #12
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by duranmichael559 View Post
Thank you very much for all the useful information.... where would I be able to purchase a scanner or control tool to be able to change the mapping and to unlock it to freedom mode?

I知 glad that is is possible to make the stock ezgo express to hit 25mph

If your ever interested I値l be willing to pay for this service to my speed control lol.
It has to be done in the vehicle. The maps are tuned while the cart is being driven by someone. Where are you located?

I'm on the way out, on my way to and through Florida. I have a schedule that will end up in Miami, then work my way back north. I will not be online much while on the road. I can be contacted via usgicollector, as he can call me.

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 02:17 PM   #13
duranmichael559
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
It has to be done in the vehicle. The maps are tuned while the cart is being driven by someone. Where are you located?

I'm on the way out, on my way to and through Florida. I have a schedule that will end up in Miami, then work my way back north. I will not be online much while on the road. I can be contacted via usgicollector, as he can call me.

Bob

Is there a scanner I can purchase to plug into the speed controller to adjust the mapping??

I知 located in a small town in California.

Ok thank you I appreciate your time! And safe travels.

Old 10-17-2019, 02:58 PM   #14
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Is there a scanner I can purchase to plug into the speed controller to adjust the mapping??

I知 located in a small town in California.

No it take somebody with Bob's knowledge to do it and a programmer.
usgicollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 02:59 PM   #15
duranmichael559
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by usgicollector View Post
No it take somebody with Bob's knowledge to do it and a programmer.

Can you recommend anyone?

Old 10-17-2019, 03:51 PM   #16
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

As far as I know Bob's the only one.
Old 10-19-2019, 06:28 AM   #17
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:

I’m located in a small town in California.

Sorry, I do not venture into California anymore. That state has no issue with violating the 2nd Ammendment rights of citizens. As I travel with cash, I do not travel unarmed. I have had 2 unsuccessful robbery attempts in the south Chicago area so far, that might have ended much different had I not been armed.

The VCL parameters of most common Curtis controllers can be adjusted with a Curtis handset or Curtis programming station at an OEM level. Motor maps require a Factory or Development level programming station. Curtis does not sell higher level programmers. You would also have to know how to create motor maps. It is quite complex, and mistakes can damage the motor!

The latest 72V Express controllers are way different. Everything is locked so that changes made have no positive effect. If you change critical values, such as a speed setting in a profile, the controller prevents operation until you restore those changes back to their original settings. You have to have exactly the right programming hardware, and the knowledge of how to defeat the locks. Then know what to do once you are in. Dealers have been known to mess up brand new Express 72Vs by trying to turn up the speed using the methods that worked on earlier ones.

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 06:53 AM   #18
duranmichael559
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Sorry, I do not venture into California anymore. That state has no issue with violating the 2nd Ammendment rights of citizens. As I travel with cash, I do not travel unarmed.

The VCL parameters of most common Curtis controllers can be adjusted with a Curtis handset or Curtis programming station at an OEM level. Motor maps require a Factory or Development level programming station. Curtis does not sell higher level programmers. You would also have to know how to create motor maps. It is quite complex, and mistakes can damage the motor!

The latest 72V Express controllers are way different. Everything is locked so that changes made have no positive effect. If you change critical values, such as a speed setting in a profile, the controller prevents operation until you restore those changes back to their original settings. You have to have exactly the right programming hardware, and the knowledge of how to defeat the locks. Then know what to do once you are in. Dealers have been known to mess up brand new Express 72Vs by trying to turn up the speed using the methods that worked on earlier ones.

Bob

Ya I definitely don稚 blame you for not coming here Bob. All these rules and regulations SUCK! Especially the 2nd amendment rights one!

Would I be able to pull my controller off my cart and ship to you? I can PayPal you the funds.?

Old 10-19-2019, 07:59 AM   #19
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

The controller needs to be in the cart. Someone drives the cart while Bob makes programming changes. Sometimes this takes several hours to do.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO