lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-14-2020, 06:18 PM   #41
Bigjmain
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Precedent front coilover modification

Quote:
Originally Posted by fstop View Post
Thanks for the photo.

I would wonder if that top hard point is beefy enough for the entire front suspension load (along with the hard point on the top A arm, but that one seems a little more substantial to me than the flat steel pieces on the top)?

In stock form the leaf spring in the front spreads the entire load basically on the lower A arms and "frame" (if you want to call the alum. I beams that, but the steel bracket in the middle is pretty substantial) it seems to me, but I'm no mechanical engineer.

I took the short leaf out of my front (factory lifted) end a good while back - it improved the ride smoothness for me a lot. But I don't ride off road, so we're probably after different results.

How long have you been using it like the way you have it pictured?

Thanks

About a week now no issues. Apparently onward uses the heavy duty all sport a arm lifts. It seems to be holding up for what I need. Totally different feel over speed bumps and off-road. I think will only get better as the Springs settle in...
Bigjmain is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-15-2020, 08:20 AM   #42
fstop
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigjmain View Post
About a week now no issues. Apparently onward uses the heavy duty all sport a arm lifts. It seems to be holding up for what I need. Totally different feel over speed bumps and off-road. I think will only get better as the Springs settle in...
That's great. What is the size in mm (and lbs of force if it was listed) of the ones you used again?
Thanks
fstop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 12:30 PM   #43
Bigjmain
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by fstop View Post
That's great. What is the size in mm (and lbs of force if it was listed) of the ones you used again?
Thanks
I got the 250mm ones with the 400 lb springs. They are the white springs.
Bigjmain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2020, 09:36 PM   #44
hunter99
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z7What View Post
What are you calling a swayer back?

Wayne
Sorry have been slammed lately and haven't been on here. I meant a sway bar. It probably wouldn't make any difference but in the car world they can be dialed in to a degree for certain flex on some bars. Anyway, just a thought.
hunter99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2021, 07:49 PM   #45
Livnpaintball
Not Yet Wild

Bump for long term test results!
Livnpaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2021, 05:40 PM   #46
SKD
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I did the coilover conversion Nov 2020, I can definitely tell the difference in the ride on rough terrain. Since then it's been a mix of street with trails during hunting season. No issues to report so far.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2775.jpg (411.4 KB, 0 views)
SKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2021, 09:04 AM   #47
TMZ222
Getting Wild
Club Car

Steeleng redesigned their 6 inch HD coil over lift kit for the club car president, just installed one on my 2017 CC, it also has 1 1/2” spacers that’s why the stance looks a little wider I also move the whole suspension forward 1 3/4 on the frame to accommodate for the 26” tires going on it this week, turned out pretty nice and has a very good ride.
TMZ222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2021, 09:00 PM   #48
Stealth Bomber
Not Yet Wild

Bigjmain, how has your precedent been running with just the coil over shocks? I just swapped mine today and my camber and toe became way off. Tried to adjust back to normal but the tires were squeaking on the blacktop. Had to adjust camber significantly
Stealth Bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2022, 09:45 PM   #49
Dieselman19
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMZ222 View Post
Steeleng redesigned their 6 inch HD coil over lift kit for the club car president, just installed one on my 2017 CC, it also has 1 1/2” spacers that’s why the stance looks a little wider I also move the whole suspension forward 1 3/4 on the frame to accommodate for the 26” tires going on it this week, turned out pretty nice and has a very good ride.
Where did you get this kit, I need it looks so 👍 👌
Dieselman19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2023, 10:36 AM   #50
Bassdeer
Getting Wild
Club Car

Did a search and found this post from 2019 and it's a good post for my application.
Have a 2008 Precedent and have to do a crank case gasket this winter so going to redo the springs on the back and shocks on the front to try and get a smoother ride.

Leaf springs on the back look shot, right now have a four leaf, looks like everyone is going 3 or 4 leaf and removing 1 or 2 leaf's. Any ideas on this would be great.

Front, Looking to do what Jseal did to his. As this is an old thread is there anything that may be a newer application to get a smoother ride? Thanks

Thinking of doing this on the back.
Bassdeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car