lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-17-2020, 08:18 PM   #1
ecocart
Not Yet Wild

Default Ez go express 4x4 2020 Em brake open

Hoping someone can help out . Have an ez go express 4x4 w em brake locked up.
The brake release switch in dash does nothing to help. Under the seat plug swap to unlock brakes in emergency, no go either. Ohm on brake if correct was between 123-128. Much higher than I imagined but if I unplug the harness and supply pack voltage to brake alone, it clicks an cart can roll . Blinks on controller is 3-2 code on Curtis 1234 se. I only have programmer 1311 but it says open em brake . The sol. Can be heard clicking when I use the dash em brake switch or the conn swap under the seat, the em brake just doesn’t let go.
Please help !!

Ec
ecocart is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-18-2020, 12:46 AM   #2
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Ez go express 4x4 2020 Em brake open

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecocart View Post
Hoping someone can help out . Have an ez go express 4x4 w em brake locked up.
The brake release switch in dash does nothing to help. Under the seat plug swap to unlock brakes in emergency, no go either. Ohm on brake if correct was between 123-128. Much higher than I imagined but if I unplug the harness and supply pack voltage to brake alone, it clicks an cart can roll . Blinks on controller is 3-2 code on Curtis 1234 se. I only have programmer 1311 but it says open em brake . The sol. Can be heard clicking when I use the dash em brake switch or the conn swap under the seat, the em brake just doesn’t let go.
Please help !!

Ec
123-128 is way too high, would test as open during the powerup self test. You are supplying full voltage to unlock it, the controller drives the motor brake(s) at a lower voltage by PWMing the output(s) to the motor brake(s). Very similar to the RXV, only 4X4.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 02:27 PM   #3
Newbuggyboy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Is the vehicle still under warranty? If so have you consider taking it to a dealer?
Newbuggyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 01:56 PM   #4
ecocart
Not Yet Wild

When I took em brake and off I ohmed again and it 103. 72 volts and 51w on label. Wires ohm fine. If I check across yellow and brown at fuse block w diode out, my meter shows 83 volts or so but pack voltage shows 73.3. Could it be the diode? Typical to have higher voltage there? Previously if I put the pack voltage direct to brake it wld release. When I check voltage at brake plug i get nothing across the two. If key is cycled the numbers change but no dc volts present.
ecocart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2021, 05:36 PM   #5
Role
Gone Wild

Did you ever resolve this problem?
Role is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ez go me brake
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO