lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-06-2020, 12:44 PM   #21
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: alltrax sr contoller install question

Need to get voltage to the solenoid coil first. After we do that, then it goes from the other side of the solenoid coil through the black wire to black jack in J1 on the controller.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-06-2020, 12:49 PM   #22
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by phokingood View Post
I see, I didnt have any power to the solenoid coils. Awaiting answer to blue wire...that might explain why im not getting power to solenoid and m2.
No blue wire = not working.

Gotta have B+ power to one side of the solenoid coil so the SR controller can connect B- to the other side and cause the electromagnet (solenoid coil) to close the main contacts.
Old 05-06-2020, 12:57 PM   #23
phokingood
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
Need to get voltage to the solenoid coil first. After we do that, then it goes from the other side of the solenoid coil through the black wire to black jack in J1 on the controller.
10-4

what's next?

"The next check point is MS-2 on the F/R assembly. It should have a blue wire into it and a blue wire out of it. When direction selector is in F or R there ought to be pack voltage on both blue wires."

I have no power to the ms-2 at either wire.

The next check point is MS-2 on the F/R assembly. It should have a blue wire into it and a blue wire out of it. When direction selector is in F or R there ought to be pack voltage on both blue wires.

Next is the key switch. Blue wire in, green wire out. When key is on, both wire ought to have pack voltage on them.

no pack voltage. continuity only from the f/r wires.

Next is the pedal switch. Green in and red out. When pedal is pushed there ought to be pack voltage on both.

No voltage to either
Attached Images
File Type: jpg solenoid coils no voltage.jpg (124.0 KB, 0 views)
phokingood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 01:06 PM   #24
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
10-4

what's next?

"The next check point is MS-2 on the F/R assembly. It should have a blue wire into it and a blue wire out of it. When direction selector is in F or R there ought to be pack voltage on both blue wires."

I have no power to the ms-2 at either wire.

The next check point is MS-2 on the F/R assembly. It should have a blue wire into it and a blue wire out of it. When direction selector is in F or R there ought to be pack voltage on both blue wires.

Next is the key switch. Blue wire in, green wire out. When key is on, both wire ought to have pack voltage on them.

no pack voltage. continuity only from the f/r wires.

Next is the pedal switch. Green in and red out. When pedal is pushed there ought to be pack voltage on both.

No voltage to either
If there is no power going into MS-2, than there will be no power at any subsequent test points.

Problem to solve is why there isn't any power coming into MS-2. It is supposed to be getting power from the solenoid's battery side large terminal via a blue wire, so find the other end of the blue wire coming into MS-2 and connect it to the solenoid's battery side large terminal, or any other place it can get battery pack voltage 100% of the time.
Old 05-06-2020, 01:14 PM   #25
phokingood
Not Yet Wild

10-4,. I read the schematics wrong. I didn't see any blue wire besides the one going into J1. Will report back.
Old 05-06-2020, 01:26 PM   #26
phokingood
Not Yet Wild

Ok, now I get 38 volts to the ms-2 and keyswitch.... Nothing on the red and green at the pedal.
Old 05-06-2020, 01:46 PM   #27
phokingood
Not Yet Wild

Holy ****! It works! Traced it back to a bad green connection....I would have NEVER figured this out without your help and patience! Forever grateful! Do you have a patreon or have PayPal? Is like to send you a little gift or buy you dinner. Thanks again!
Old 05-06-2020, 01:50 PM   #28
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Ok, now I get 38 volts to the ms-2 and keyswitch.... Nothing on the red and green at the pedal.
No power on the red and green at the pedal switch means no power getting to pedal switch from the keyswitch.

Power should come into keyswitch on a blue wire and leave on the green wire to the pedal. Is key turned ON? If it is, either keyswitch is bad of green wire to pedal switch is bad.
Old 05-06-2020, 02:07 PM   #29
phokingood
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
No power on the red and green at the pedal switch means no power getting to pedal switch from the keyswitch.

Power should come into keyswitch on a blue wire and leave on the green wire to the pedal. Is key turned ON? If it is, either keyswitch is bad of green wire to pedal switch is bad.
Not sure if you seen this....but

"Holy ****! It works! Traced it back to a bad green connection....I would have NEVER figured this out without your help and patience! Forever grateful! Do you have a patreon or have PayPal? Is like to send you a little gift or buy you dinner. Thanks again!"
Old 05-06-2020, 02:19 PM   #30
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Not sure if you seen this....but

"Holy ****! It works! Traced it back to a bad green connection....I would have NEVER figured this out without your help and patience! Forever grateful! Do you have a patreon or have PayPal? Is like to send you a little gift or buy you dinner. Thanks again!"
Thanks for the offer, but I do this for the fun of it.

However, you can make a donation to BGW by clicking on the green highlighted Donate button on the top menu bar above.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO