lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-07-2020, 08:40 AM   #1
fogetaboutit98
Not Yet Wild

Unhappy Solenoid? Speed Control? Diode?

New to the board after feeling like a complete failure... I'm a novice golf cart repair person so please bare with me. I have an 04 EZGO txt and I had situation where I was getting ready to replace my solenoid. I didn't know if that was the problem but I had the seat off and my 9 year old dropped a socket wrench on top of the solenoid resister and there were sparks and a scared poppa and boy. Long story short, I replaced the solenoid as if nothing happened and bought a new solenoid resister. The lights will turn on and if I put it in reverse the reverse horn turns on. I have 38.4 v on the negative large terminal closest to the battery and 37.7 on the other side. When testing the small terminals I have no power when I press the pedal. I pulled off the resistor on the large terminal and tested that it wasn't frozen open. I pulled where the plug charges the cart and it look like there isn't any issues with the white and red wire. I am completely lost on what to do. Any help is greatly appreciated!
fogetaboutit98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-07-2020, 12:08 PM   #2
fogetaboutit98
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Solenoid? Speed Control? Diode?

Finally figured it out... bad reed fuse. Geez, 4 days later :)
fogetaboutit98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO