lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-27-2020, 10:53 AM   #1
MissouriClubCarGuy
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 2016 Club Car - On the search for a motor

Hello all. New member here. Ive been googling alot of info and it all points to this forum. So i decided to join. I'm not new to golf carts but I am new to upgrades. Anyway, I recently purchased a 2016 club car precedent with a 6" lift, 22" tires and rear seat. Ive had club car set it to code 4 and it goes around 20mph right now. I live in missouri and will driving around a lake that is not entirely flat. I would say that it would be 50/50 of flat driving vs hilly terrain and a little off roading. I see so many options out there for upgrades with motors and controllers. For now I'm only looking for a motor that may give me a little extra speed (couple miles faster) and a little more torque for the hills.
Maybe i just need to call D&D, Plum quick or Luna to see whats best for me. But i thought someone here might be able to guide me which motor would be best. Thanks.
MissouriClubCarGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-27-2020, 11:11 AM   #2
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: 2016 Club Car - On the search for a motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissouriClubCarGuy View Post
Hello all. New member here. Ive been googling alot of info and it all points to this forum. So i decided to join. I'm not new to golf carts but I am new to upgrades. Anyway, I recently purchased a 2016 club car precedent with a 6" lift, 22" tires and rear seat. Ive had club car set it to code 4 and it goes around 20mph right now. I live in missouri and will driving around a lake that is not entirely flat. I would say that it would be 50/50 of flat driving vs hilly terrain and a little off roading. I see so many options out there for upgrades with motors and controllers. For now I'm only looking for a motor that may give me a little extra speed (couple miles faster) and a little more torque for the hills.
Maybe i just need to call D&D, Plum quick or Luna to see whats best for me. But i thought someone here might be able to guide me which motor would be best. Thanks.
Call David hicks at www.revolutiongolfcars.com

Tell him exactly what you're looking for and he will be able to set you up with what will work best. Great guy to do business with.

You may be okay with the stock motor and get what you are looking for by swapping out the controller, maybe upgrade motor later once you want even more. Seems to be how it goes, one upgrade is just the bait. The rest will follow
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 12:23 PM   #3
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

IMHO, get an Alltrax XCT48400 IQ and 200A solenoid and no need to upgrade motor. Install is easy, programming is easy with their free toolkit. If you go to the 500A version you can pull wheelies all day long. But, for the basics of what you are wanting to gain, the XCT300 IQ will get you close to 25mph and lots more torque for uphill rides.

You can get it from one of our two sponsors.

http://www.revolutiongolfcars.com/

https://www.cartsunlimited.net/
PingEye3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 01:24 PM   #4
Nutshell
Gone Wild

Club Car

I have the same cart with the 500 AMP Alltrax, I can do 28 when in the cart by myself.
Nutshell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 01:53 PM   #5
MissouriClubCarGuy
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks. Contacted David at Revolution and he got me what I needed.
Old 08-27-2020, 02:24 PM   #6
Wakko47
Gone Loco

Club Car

What did you get?
Wakko47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 04:26 PM   #7
MissouriClubCarGuy
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Ended up getting option 2 with alltrex xct 400amp controller 200 amp solenoid and 4g cables
Old 08-27-2020, 04:31 PM   #8
Nutshell
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissouriClubCarGuy View Post
Ended up getting option 2 with alltrex xct 400amp controller 200 amp solenoid and 4g cables
You'll be happy with that for sure.
Nutshell is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car