lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-28-2020, 10:12 AM   #11
fsu1tm
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Make own cables?

If they are crimp-able lugs, I use one of these (https://www.amazon.com/Z-Red-B790C-H...8627191&sr=8-7). Very effective.

If they are non-crimp-able lugs, do the solder thing as others have suggested. Personally, I brush flux into the lug and then use a map gas torch to melt solder into the lug about half full. While the solder is good and fluid, push in the wire, remove the heat and let cool. Cover with heat shrink and never a problem.
fsu1tm is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-28-2020, 01:13 PM   #12
Wakko47
Gone Loco

Club Car

Some great ideas here, guys. Love it.
Wakko47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2020, 10:11 PM   #13
PuttPutt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Another thought , I have saved myself and my neighbors a ton of money from the help I get on this forum. How much are you really going to save after buying all the materials? Maybe buy from one of the site sponsors. This forum and Scotty B. through several emails helped me convert a 1996 36 volt ezgo to 48 volt. Couldn't have done it without the help. So when you ask for help and get it ...... well you know what I'm saying, support the folks that help us.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SBcables.jpg (90.7 KB, 0 views)
PuttPutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2020, 11:13 PM   #14
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

just to throw this in, if your making cable you can turn 3 batteries around and put all your cables on the outside .

Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2020, 11:55 PM   #15
R&TBabich
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swan View Post
just to throw this in, if your making cable you can turn 3 batteries around and put all your cables on the outside . ...
Like this.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Battery cable layout.jpg (153.9 KB, 0 views)
R&TBabich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2020, 05:52 AM   #16
Wakko47
Gone Loco

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuttPutt View Post
Another thought , I have saved myself and my neighbors a ton of money from the help I get on this forum. How much are you really going to save after buying all the materials? Maybe buy from one of the site sponsors. This forum and Scotty B. through several emails helped me convert a 1996 36 volt ezgo to 48 volt. Couldn't have done it without the help. So when you ask for help and get it ...... well you know what I'm saying, support the folks that help us.
I feel that most of us would pay more to support a site sponsor, especially one that is active in answering our questions on the board. There's a limit though, and the threshold is different for each person. If a cable set is $150 each (WAG), I'm looking at $300 for two carts. If I can build my own for the same price, now I have the tools to do more sets or projects in the future. For me though, I collect the tools and use them. If you're only going to buy to do one job, then you're right...not worth it.
Wakko47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car