lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-04-2020, 11:47 AM   #1
jonr3
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Default Humdinger question

I'm going to start working on registering my 1999 Humdinger as a LSV. It has a factory sticker with a 17-digit VIN but a couple of the numbers are partially worn off. Does anyone know if there is a back-up VIN somewhere else on the cart? I've looked on the frame and haven't seen anything...
jonr3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-04-2020, 02:47 PM   #2
golf cart man
Gone Unrestrained

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Humdinger question

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonr3 View Post
I'm going to start working on registering my 1999 Humdinger as a LSV. It has a factory sticker with a 17-digit VIN but a couple of the numbers are partially worn off. Does anyone know if there is a back-up VIN somewhere else on the cart? I've looked on the frame and haven't seen anything...
It is possible it is etched on a main cross-member of the frame. However one thing that many states require to register a cart with an existing VIN is an MCO so you actually may end up saving time by trying to start from the beginning as if the VIN was not on there. May be less trouble for you.
golf cart man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 08:26 AM   #3
jonr3
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Quote:
Originally Posted by golf cart man View Post
It is possible it is etched on a main cross-member of the frame. However one thing that many states require to register a cart with an existing VIN is an MCO so you actually may end up saving time by trying to start from the beginning as if the VIN was not on there. May be less trouble for you.
I don't believe NC requires an MCO. The VIN label does say who the manufacturer was and the date of manufacture, (and the tire size and recommended air pressure), but that's about all.

If I were to try to register my other cart without a VIN in NC, I would need to take it to a dealer that would become the "manufacturer" of my cart and for about $1,000 would issue me a VIN.
jonr3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 03:28 PM   #4
golf cart man
Gone Unrestrained

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonr3 View Post
I don't believe NC requires an MCO. The VIN label does say who the manufacturer was and the date of manufacture, (and the tire size and recommended air pressure), but that's about all.

If I were to try to register my other cart without a VIN in NC, I would need to take it to a dealer that would become the "manufacturer" of my cart and for about $1,000 would issue me a VIN.
Interesting...I figured all would need an MCO for a VIN that was not applied by the DMV themselves. Otherwise you would figure anyone could rivet on a vin or re-VIN a stolen cart. Having the MCO helps to eliminate or greatly diminish the issue of ownership of an existing VIN'd cart. It's not an issue if the DMV themselves puts on a VIN. I hope you're able to find the VIN somewhere else.
golf cart man is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car