lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-05-2021, 10:03 AM   #1
GPAT
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default increase speed on 2020 ez-go L6

trying to get wild and answers to more speed on 2020 EZ-GO L6. Was told 16-17 mph is tops. Would like 25 mph. Thanks-
GPAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-06-2021, 07:43 PM   #2
mikec557
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: increase speed on 2020 ez-go L6

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPAT View Post
trying to get wild and answers to more speed on 2020 EZ-GO L6. Was told 16-17 mph is tops. Would like 25 mph. Thanks-
I don't mean to dissuade you posting in this EZGO electric forum but, there is a lithium sub forum to this forum that might have some answers for you.

Note, I had to Google your cart model and I am guessing you have lithium batteries. Am I right?
mikec557 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 09:42 AM   #3
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPAT View Post
25 MPH+ is doable. The Lithium section is more for those that need help with lithium conversions. If yours is a factory setup, there is no need to post there unless you need help with things directly related to things that may be unique to lithium carts. You are less likely to get responses on speed upgrades there than here because me and usgicollector do not frequent the lithium section.

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 01:42 PM   #4
booshwa
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I have a 2016 L6 E 48V. Had a shop put a Navitas 600A controller and On the Fly programmer on it. I'm 18-19MPH :( I'd love to get into the low 20's so I can stop pulling over for cars (25 mph roads). What am I missing or did the shop install it wrong?
booshwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 06:16 PM   #5
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by booshwa View Post
I have a 2016 L6 E 48V. Had a shop put a Navitas 600A controller and On the Fly programmer on it. I'm 18-19MPH :( I'd love to get into the low 20's so I can stop pulling over for cars (25 mph roads). What am I missing or did the shop install it wrong?
I think 18-19mph with a 600a controller is poor performance, the factory freedom mode would give you ~19.5mph for much less $$... Aftermarket controllers like Navitas should be programmable/adjustable.

I've found this discription:

On the Fly (OTF) Programmer allows the user to adjust the programming of the controller while driving the cart.

Speed and Range: Set your speed limit based on driving conditions. The lower the speed setting the further the cart will drive. The controller automatically reconfigures to run the cart more efficiently at lower speeds. This can double the range.
ojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 06:33 PM   #6
mikec557
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
You need to go into the Navitas and adjust your programming. When I installed a Alltrax it upped my 19.5 to about 21-22mph. Then I upped my tires from 18in tall to 20.5in tall. Now I can get to about 26, 27mph with a tail wind, LOL. This on a 2017 TXT48 with FLA batteries.
mikec557 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 05:19 PM   #7
Alex D
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Your cart with the 600 amp/5kw kit should easily approach or exceed 30 mph right out of the box. Call Navitas AFTER you downloaded their app and created an account. They will give you dealer programming access to optimize the settings. make sure tire size and axle ratio are correct. Best go over the settings with the NAvitas guy on the phone they are incredibly helpful!
Alex D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 04:03 PM   #8
booshwa
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex D View Post
Your cart with the 600 amp/5kw kit should easily approach or exceed 30 mph right out of the box. Call Navitas AFTER you downloaded their app and created an account. They will give you dealer programming access to optimize the settings. make sure tire size and axle ratio are correct. Best go over the settings with the NAvitas guy on the phone they are incredibly helpful!
Dang it I wish I would have seen this while I was still out there with the cart. I moved the cart to FL where it's flat as a board, no hills. I drive by a road radar that shows 17-18mph, was constantly pulling over for cars and other carts to go by on a 25mph road.

Had a mobile cart guy come out that had never seen a Navitas. I did download the app and connected, but couldn't figure out how to get into a programming mode...now I know but I'm back in San Diego :(. I hope I can get into the low 20mph range after reading your posts! BTW is a 2016 Express L6 48V a TXT? I can't find that info anywhere in the EzGo manual. Just that it's a 2.5hp shunt wound motor.
Old 06-13-2021, 09:07 PM   #9
booshwa
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I just got this Sunday response from emailing their support line:

The L6 is basically a stretched TXT, You can expect 22-25MPH on flat ground providing the vehicle is mechanically sound and the batteries are good.
We recommend 2g cables and a 400a solenoid with all our setups.
Thanks,

J. Todd Dussault | Sales Director
Navitas Vehicle Systems Ltd.
500 Dotzert Crt.
Waterloo, Ontario Canada
Old 02-19-2022, 11:25 AM   #10
Nismo591
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Did you just do the controller or upgrade the motor too? Did you ever get it past 19mph? Looking at putting the same thing in a 2013 L6 48V
Nismo591 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO