lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-08-2021, 01:00 PM   #1
Coreylubahn
Not Yet Wild

Default Black wires on voltage reducer

I am working on wiring the new to me 2017 Precedent I just bought. Currently the LED light kit is connected using 48V and as I am wanting to add some 12V accessories, I am working on installing a voltage reducer, switched on/off using a relay off the main power keyswitch (using Sergio's very helpful drawing...and yes, I'm adding the diode across relay pins 85 and 86).

As this is new to me, I am not sure what to do with the black "negative" wires coming out of the reducer. Do they get connected together and then to the B- wire behind battery 4 (48V cart using 8V batteries) with another black tied in and ran up under the dash for use on all added accesories? Or do I keep them separate and connect the -48V black to B- and run the -12V black up front for the added stuff?

Thanks a bunch!
Coreylubahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-08-2021, 01:22 PM   #2
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Black wires on voltage reducer

The 48 v black to B-. 12 v black to the negatives of your 12 volt accessories, most use an common ground block isolated from the chassis.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 03:42 PM   #3
TMZ222
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Black wires on voltage reducer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coreylubahn View Post
I am working on wiring the new to me 2017 Precedent I just bought. Currently the LED light kit is connected using 48V and as I am wanting to add some 12V accessories, I am working on installing a voltage reducer, switched on/off using a relay off the main power keyswitch (using Sergio's very helpful drawing...and yes, I'm adding the diode across relay pins 85 and 86).

As this is new to me, I am not sure what to do with the black "negative" wires coming out of the reducer. Do they get connected together and then to the B- wire behind battery 4 (48V cart using 8V batteries) with another black tied in and ran up under the dash for use on all added accesories? Or do I keep them separate and connect the -48V black to B- and run the -12V black up front for the added stuff?

Thanks a bunch!
If you don’t mind me asking can I get a link to “ Sergio's ” wiring diagram for the relay. Thanks Tony
TMZ222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car