lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-11-2021, 04:06 PM   #1
1swampthing
Not Yet Wild

Default 2010 precedent keeps shutting down

I have 2010 precedent that still has original motor and controller. This cart is used daily if for nothing more than the half mile round trip to mailbox. Usually more like total of a couple miles a day. Starting several months ago it started shutting off. If you let your foot off pedal and depress again you hear solinoid pick up and you are going again. No cool down or waiting necessary. I took a guess and replaced mcor and still would shut off at least a couple times a day. Replaced solinoid and no change at all except more authoritative click when it picks up. When the cart shuts off sometime it is just like loss of power but sometimes there is a clunk like the motor is momentarily locked and feels like break has been mashed hard. This is momentary, surely less than a second. 100 percent of the time I can let off the pedal slowly and depress again and hear the solinoid again and be off and running again. Seem to happen more frequently when riding slow. Any quests out there as to my problem
1swampthing is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-11-2021, 05:09 PM   #2
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2010 precedent keeps shutting down

to BGW

For just about any go-no go condition, battery status is one of the first to check and is a common problem. What is the date code on the batteries, usually on the top of one of the battery terminals or on the side of the battery. C9= March 2019

Make sure all battery cables are clean and tight.

Check the electrolyte level in your batteries. Make sure it is 1/4 to 1/2" above the plates.

Using a digital voltmeter, check the pack voltage, and each individual battery voltage.

Hook up the charger and let it run until it shuts off on it's own. Then check the pack and battery voltages again.

Wait 24 hours and check the voltages again.

List all the readings you find here and we'll get back to you.
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2021, 06:09 PM   #3
1swampthing
Not Yet Wild

The batteries I have are less than a year old allied lithum. They are the 100 ah battery hooked up in series unlike the new 48v hooked in parallel. They have been a pain in the butt from the beginning. They do not stay in balance for more than a couple of months. Allied sent me a 12volt charger and said to disconnect the batteries and parrallel them and charge at 12 volts to get back in balance. When freshly balanced batteries perform pretty decent. Cart shutting down happens regardless of how balanced they are. When out of balance 3 batteries will read about 13v with the 4th one climbing all the way to around 18 or so and tripping charger. When in balance they all charge to 13.3 to 13.4
1swampthing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2021, 07:12 PM   #4
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1swampthing View Post
The batteries I have are less than a year old allied lithum. They are the 100 ah battery hooked up in series unlike the new 48v hooked in parallel. They have been a pain in the butt from the beginning. They do not stay in balance for more than a couple of months. Allied sent me a 12volt charger and said to disconnect the batteries and parrallel them and charge at 12 volts to get back in balance. When freshly balanced batteries perform pretty decent. Cart shutting down happens regardless of how balanced they are. When out of balance 3 batteries will read about 13v with the 4th one climbing all the way to around 18 or so and tripping charger. When in balance they all charge to 13.3 to 13.4
You might want to post this question on the Lithium Club Car section also. Most of the Lithium experts reside there. Some post on both sections.

I can't imagine the batteries causing the Alltrax to become erratic but it might be a possibility. If there is one of the 12 volt batteries that is sending error signals to the Alltrax, it might shut down. The one battery that climbs to 18 would give you 57 volts total which may be over the max voltage setting of the Alltrax.

I won't be able to help much more than this. Hopefully one of the experts will. BTW, I'm considering going with Lithium but from what I've learned, I want a single unit that has one BMS. I'm not sure how individual BMS's will work together in the long run.
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car