lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-13-2021, 03:09 PM   #1
RNajarian
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default “New” tie rod ends from manufacturer look used

Unhappy camper here.

I’ve got unusual tie rod ends sizes for my Frankencart (Some CC DS/Prescedent parts)

So I ordered a set from the manufacturer. What I received upset me.

Two of them look ok, but is there supposed to be play in the tie rod end. One of the threaded sides (where the castle nut goes) is able to move around, which makes sense since it is the part that helps articulate the wheel, but the other one seems to be frozen. Is it supposed to be “frozen?” Is this the one that attaches from the steering rack to the tie rod?

The third tie rod end is used. You can see the thread is damaged, it is dirty and there is a tear in the rubber boot.

AND I think DESPITE my best efforts I think they sent the wrong ratio of left to right handed threaded parts.

Aren’t there supposed to be TWO left handed threaded ends and ONE right handed threaded end.

Looking at the tie rod end as if I was screwing it into the cart I have one that tightens left and two that tighten right. Isn’t this wrong?

So before I go Medieval on the parts guy would you mind answering thiese questions. . .

1) Is the tie rod end that comes off the steering rack supposed to be fixed?

2) Looking at the tie rod end as you screw it in, how many left handed threaded and how many right handed ends are you supposed to have for a DS style set up?

I’m assuming there is supposed to be play in the tie rod ends that connect to the tie rod.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (333.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg D8303A5A-3531-41AD-AF90-EB679D2B4A84.jpg (80.7 KB, 0 views)
RNajarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-13-2021, 03:11 PM   #2
RNajarian
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default More photos

More photos
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (280.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 8C1FA0CD-0C1A-4C4A-BABC-A176AAA9FB4B.jpg (157.4 KB, 0 views)
RNajarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car