lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-14-2021, 08:33 PM   #1
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Navatis AC conversion speeds

What are yall getting for speeds on the Navatis AC conversions on precedents? I have just finished my second one of these installs and I am a little disappointed so far. The first one was the 4kw version on a stock wheel size cart and I got a solid 25mph with questionable batteries. This cart is lifted with 23" tires and is the 5kw 600 Amp version and I was hoping for 30-35 mph, but only getting a maximum of 28mph on a slight down grade. Not much different from the 4kw version.
I have the dealer access app, but still trying to figure it out. Any settings advice yall may have would be greatly appreciated. This is new technology me.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
mgray70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-14-2021, 09:13 PM   #2
tylem_28
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Navatis AC conversion speeds

following, just purchased the 5kw kit and its suppose to be here friday. I have a 2017 with 23" tires. Only getting 17mph with the stock motor and controller currently.
tylem_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2021, 08:01 AM   #3
Nutshell
Gone Wild

Club Car

In my 16 CC, With a Roypow 105 and 22" tires, I can get 36 with only me in the cart. It's kinda sketchy at those speeds.
Nutshell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2021, 08:40 AM   #4
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutshell View Post
In my 16 CC, With a Roypow 105 and 22" tires, I can get 36 with only me in the cart. It's kinda sketchy at those speeds.
My guy would be happy with low to mid 30s. He had a 400 Amp Alltrax and a fsip speed motor and we were getting about 24. Motor cables are already 2 Guage, but the battery cables are 4 Guage and the solenoid is a 200A. I'm gonna upgrade both of those as they get a little warm during operation.

Old 07-15-2021, 10:35 AM   #5
oldbeefcake
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Post your settings from the app, then maybe folks can help. All I had to do was type in "35" in the MPH section and I was good to go, but make sure to save your settings.
oldbeefcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2021, 01:49 PM   #6
fstop
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgray70 View Post
What are yall getting for speeds on the Navatis AC conversions on precedents? I have just finished my second one of these installs and I am a little disappointed so far. The first one was the 4kw version on a stock wheel size cart and I got a solid 25mph with questionable batteries. This cart is lifted with 23" tires and is the 5kw 600 Amp version and I was hoping for 30-35 mph, but only getting a maximum of 28mph on a slight down grade. Not much different from the 4kw version.
I have the dealer access app, but still trying to figure it out. Any settings advice yall may have would be greatly appreciated. This is new technology me.

You should be getting more than 28 on level pavement with 23" tires and stock gears (~12:1). I have the Navitas you mention (5KW/Tac2).

My Onward with 23" tires, stock gears with original FLA batteries would do about 32 IIRC, and with 48v RoyPow it would hit 36, with current 72v Lithium will hit 47 or more. These are repeatable numbers, assuming 1 person, windshield down, flat pavement, etc... using GPS to measure (not app). Sometimes can peak higher, but whenever I report speeds I give results I can see on a regular basis, so these are realistic.

Sounds like you may have voltage sag at WOT, brake(s) dragging, cable issue etc...?

As far as app settings, nothing should be limiting you there if you have speed set high enough (and your gear ratio / tire size settings are accurate so the speed is calculated properly) and you have max. current setting at 200A or higher. This is obvious but just in case - make sure OTF "speed" knob is at 100%.

Good luck and let us know what you find.
fstop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2021, 02:02 PM   #7
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

We're getting mid to high 30s on all of our Navitas installs, but I govern them back down to 24.99 MPH before the customer comes to pick them up. If they want to increase the speed beyond that, they have to do it themselves with the app.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2021, 02:05 PM   #8
fstop
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutshell View Post
Looks like you have a lifted cart - not sure what kind of lift, but you may want to check toe-in / alignment.

My Onward is also lifted (has a factory lift, which I think is an Allsport) and I can take my hand off the wheel at 45mph - no squirreliness at all, totally in control.

I was very surprised by this since my last EZGO was super squirrely at even 26 or 27. A handful to drive, and just unsafe really. Any passengers on the rear seat (4P carts) made it really bad. 4 persons on my Onward make no difference. I don't run higher speeds that much anyway, esp. with 4 people, but have once or twice just to see. My alignment isn't anything unusual, it's just in spec according to the shop manual. FWIW, I have StreetFox tires, which are not rounded like some of the typical AT golf cart tires - not sure if this makes any difference though.

I have read over in the Icon forum that folks are having issues at speeds over 28 or so - could be a design issue on those carts, but the Onward and Precedent I think are the same, and can be super stable at high speeds (at least based on my experience).

I think you may be able to adjust things and substantially reduce or eliminate what you are experiencing. Hope so anyway - good luck.
fstop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2021, 05:05 PM   #9
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by fstop View Post
Looks like you have a lifted cart - not sure what kind of lift, but you may want to check toe-in / alignment.

My Onward is also lifted (has a factory lift, which I think is an Allsport) and I can take my hand off the wheel at 45mph - no squirreliness at all, totally in control.

I was very surprised by this since my last EZGO was super squirrely at even 26 or 27. A handful to drive, and just unsafe really. Any passengers on the rear seat (4P carts) made it really bad. 4 persons on my Onward make no difference. I don't run higher speeds that much anyway, esp. with 4 people, but have once or twice just to see. My alignment isn't anything unusual, it's just in spec according to the shop manual. FWIW, I have StreetFox tires, which are not rounded like some of the typical AT golf cart tires - not sure if this makes any difference though.

I have read over in the Icon forum that folks are having issues at speeds over 28 or so - could be a design issue on those carts, but the Onward and Precedent I think are the same, and can be super stable at high speeds (at least based on my experience).

I think you may be able to adjust things and substantially reduce or eliminate what you are experiencing. Hope so anyway - good luck.
I understand completely! I have a personal EZGO lifted with the AMD raptor motor, 500 Amp Alltrax, Allied Lithium pack that I don't really know how fast it will go, because I'm scared to go that fast. After 25 it's all over the place. Thinking about the Allsport long travel lift sometime since it replaces the whole front end with the club car steering box. I have a precedent that will do 32 with a FSIP motor that is smooth as a clock.
I think voltage sag may be the main issue. These are 2018 powertrons. The 4 Guage battery cables and the 200A solenoid may contribute a little to that.

Old 07-15-2021, 06:53 PM   #10
Nutshell
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by fstop View Post

It's a Steeling 6" lift. It's stable, no wobble or drift. It's the brakes...or lack thereof.
Nutshell is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car