lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-15-2021, 07:04 AM   #1
Craig1458
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Question lifted 97' Club Car hub assembly no fit with spindle

I have a 97' Club Car Electric. I needed to replace the bearings in the front wheel assemblies (and I am doing a full replacement of all the bushings ect. just to freshen everything up). However when I took of the assembly, these bearing were beat to hell and back and had been for a while so I thought I should probably get new hub assemblies since the grooves in the old assembly looked worn. (pic of old assembly attached) I went by my golf cart year and ordered a 1011892 hub assembly kit. It just doesn't fit my spindle. I am attaching a picture of spindle, which has a hole and cotter pin. Perhaps this spindle is aftermarket and that is why the hub assembly doesn't work? Do I need a new hub assembly by the photo? If so- can someone help with the part number for the correct assembly for this spindle? Or can i use the newer assembly model and just alter the bearings that come with kit? Any help/info would be great- here's to thinking this would be an easy "quick fix".
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg image0.jpeg (37.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpeg image1.jpeg (35.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpeg image10.jpeg (33.4 KB, 0 views)
Craig1458 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-15-2021, 09:01 AM   #2
Ryokuro
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: lifted 97' Club Car hub assembly no fit with spindle

Got any better pictures of that spindle? Is the cart lifted? The below image is what a factory spindle should look like on your cart.

Ryokuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2021, 10:25 AM   #3
Craig1458
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryokuro View Post
Got any better pictures of that spindle? Is the cart lifted? The below image is what a factory spindle should look like on your cart.
So I def don't think I have the factory spindle, here is a better picture (I think).

This cart does have lift- do you need like a more zoomed out photo to see the make up of the lift and spindle together?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5357.jpg (148.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5356.jpg (314.6 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by Craig1458; 07-15-2021 at 12:48 PM.. Reason: adding higher quality photos
Old 07-15-2021, 11:35 AM   #4
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

What doesn't fit?
You need to remove the old bearing race from the spindle, before you can put the new one on.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2021, 12:27 PM   #5
Craig1458
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairtax4me View Post
What doesn't fit?
You need to remove the old bearing race from the spindle, before you can put the new one on.
The new hub assembly kit i purchased that came with races, bearings, a seal and a metal dust cap- its part number 10111892, it doesn't fit, as in it doesn't slide onto this spindle and fit the way the old hub assembly did. That is why I think I have a different spindle (mine has a pin at the end and a different look nut) that what my prescribed year model has- my old hub assemblies (pictured above), when you to take out the seals bearings and racings- had grooves in them. Im just trying to see if I am getting the wrong hub assembly kit-
Old 07-15-2021, 12:29 PM   #6
Craig1458
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
That isn't a race- that is part of the spindle........ it like a collar but it is all one piece.

Well- let me preface by saying- I don't think that is a race- I think it is part of the spindle. I used a chisel and hammer and gave a quick tap and it didnt budge.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5357.jpg (148.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5356.jpg (314.6 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by Craig1458; 07-15-2021 at 12:45 PM.. Reason: add disclaimer that I really am not 100% sure & add pics
Old 07-15-2021, 01:01 PM   #7
Craig1458
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Here are some higher quality pictures- I apologize for not paying attention to the quality when uploading. Attached are photos of the old/original hub assembly- which I will go back to if they don't look too worn. But i would need to know what type replacement bearings/Racers/seals because the LM11949's don't seem to work with the old hub assembly I have. I also have attached a photo of the new hub assembly kit I was hoping to use (but this doesn't seem to fit- there is a large gap). I also have a zoomed out photo of the spindle and lift and a photo of the front driver side with wheel on for comparison.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5346.jpg (163.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5345.jpg (185.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5355.jpg (174.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5360.jpg (197.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5359.jpg (164.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-15-2021, 02:43 PM   #8
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

I can 100% promise you that tapered section is not part of the spindle. That is the inner race from the old bearing. It might be stuck, but it needs to come off before anything new will fit back on the spindle.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 09CE4610-AD4C-4D4E-9B32-77C76F85F226.jpeg (42.9 KB, 0 views)
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2021, 03:44 PM   #9
Craig1458
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
I can 100% promise you that tapered section is not part of the spindle. That is the inner race from the old bearing. It might be stuck, but it needs to come off before anything new will fit back on the spindle.
ok great- now I will feel a little better laying the hammer to it to knock it off! Thank you!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car