lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-27-2021, 06:08 PM   #11
cdestuck
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2015 Precedent. OBC??

Well I really solved this problem. After leaving the charger on all night once again in the morning the orange triangle was blinking showing that the charger could not complete the charge. I check the voltage across the whole battery pack and it only showed 40.7. So I felt relatively confident it was the batteries. So I googled looking for a place to shop for them and found at Sam’s Club had the Duracell eight Volt for $104. Google the reviews on them and they actually fared pretty well. Did not stand up to Trojan batteries but had some prices over them.

So for giggles I called the easy-going dealer about 25 miles away. I’ve known the owner for 15 years or so so I thought I would just get a price for comparison. They carry Trojan batteries and the 8 V Trojan would be 146. After mulling this back-and-forth I decided to get the Trojans and spend the extra money. So off to my Friends dealership I go.

When I got there I naturally took a quick look around his lot to see what he had sitting there. I noticed a nice maroon red EZGO sitting there and walked over to check it out. I lifted the seat to see whether it was gas or electric and discovered that it was the lithium battery.

So I walked in and he busting my chops a while for not stopping in for a good while. So I bought the batteries and began talking to him about the lithium generation of go carts. So for giggles I asked him what the lithium cards would be. So we went back in his office and talked about everything but golf carts for a while and finally began talking numbers. So I ended up buying the lithium cart and will go pick it up tomorrow. I brought the new ones home and put them in my present cart and everything seems to be OK with the battery in the chargers. So that’s how the story ends. I guess I’ll have to go over to the EZGO electric sub for him. Thanks for all the suggestions you guys gave me to check
Attached Images
File Type: jpg E621830D-2469-43E2-A570-8BB055E6FBFB.jpg (274.3 KB, 0 views)
cdestuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-28-2021, 08:47 AM   #12
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

Those new batteries got more expensive than you thought!

Congrats on the new cart!!
simicrintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2021, 09:29 AM   #13
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

If you put Trojans in it, now you need to update the charge algorithm in the ERIC charger. Otherwise it will fry them.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2021, 07:24 PM   #14
cdestuck
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by simicrintz View Post
Those new batteries got more expensive than you thought!

Congrats on the new cart!!
You bet. Tks
Old 08-28-2021, 07:26 PM   #15
cdestuck
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairtax4me View Post
If you put Trojans in it, now you need to update the charge algorithm in the ERIC charger. Otherwise it will fry them.
As I traded it in, I’ll mention to the dealer. Being a EZGO dealer he might not be aware of that. Tks.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car