lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-31-2021, 09:26 AM   #1
1laptech
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Acceleration Problems '09 Precedent

Hello All,
I have a 2009 Club Car Precedent. It has a new style pedal group with an MCOR 4. It has the gray controller with six brand new 8 volt batteries. I drive the cart and has a flat spot at full throttle.

I hook up to programmer at 3/4 acceleration pedal I get 100% Throttle. If I go past the meter drops to "0" and cart drops off. I tried 4 different MCOR 4 and all did the same thing. I replaced the controller with a know good grey controller. No change still goes to "0" at full Acceleration. I replaced the magnet in the speed sensor.

The cart appears to had wires cut and spliced to wire in the MCOR4. The conversion kit on line shows the wires in the correct location and color. I rewired and replaced all the butt connections going to MCOR4.

Would the Butt connectors mess with the MCOR4?
If the pedal travels to far does that cause the MCOR 4 to go to "0"? I'm at a loss and cant figure it out. Any ideas at this point would be great.

Thanks
Tom
Baffled in San Diego!
1laptech is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-31-2021, 11:23 AM   #2
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Acceleration Problems '09 Precedent

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1laptech View Post
Hello All,
I have a 2009 Club Car Precedent. It has a new style pedal group with an MCOR 4. It has the gray controller with six brand new 8 volt batteries. I drive the cart and has a flat spot at full throttle.

I hook up to programmer at 3/4 acceleration pedal I get 100% Throttle. If I go past the meter drops to "0" and cart drops off. I tried 4 different MCOR 4 and all did the same thing. I replaced the controller with a know good grey controller. No change still goes to "0" at full Acceleration. I replaced the magnet in the speed sensor.

The cart appears to had wires cut and spliced to wire in the MCOR4. The conversion kit on line shows the wires in the correct location and color. I rewired and replaced all the butt connections going to MCOR4.

Would the Butt connectors mess with the MCOR4?
If the pedal travels to far does that cause the MCOR 4 to go to "0"? I'm at a loss and cant figure it out. Any ideas at this point would be great.

Thanks
Tom
Baffled in San Diego!
The TPS sensor was removed and replaced with the MCOR4. This requires that a 470 ohm 1/2W resistor soldered into each of the 3 wires going to the MCOR4 throttle. No changes to the two wires to the foot switch. It seems that someone missed that part of the changeover process.

Here is what I used to solve the problem
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
PingEye3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 02:06 AM   #3
CCNorth
Gone Wild
Club Car

PingEye, I'm not questioning your reply, I just have a question. I thought the 2009 Precedent had those resistors already in the main wiring harness since it was the year that they first installed the TPS. When I converted mine (removed the TPS) I just used the kit David sent me and spliced the wires to the connector.
I know you have to use the resistors on a Excel cart, but are they always required on a 2009 IQ cart?
CCNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 08:13 AM   #4
1laptech
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Pingeye3,
So many thanks!! I placed the 3 resistors in line it worked fantastic. A perfect 100% on the read out at full throttle. I appreciate the help and wisdom.
Thanks,
Tom in San Diego!!
1laptech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 08:32 AM   #5
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1laptech View Post
Pingeye3,
So many thanks!! I placed the 3 resistors in line it worked fantastic. A perfect 100% on the read out at full throttle. I appreciate the help and wisdom.
Thanks,
Tom in San Diego!!
You are welcome, glad it worked out. I got that info from David at Revolution Golf Cars. He is the guru.
Old 09-01-2021, 08:36 AM   #6
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCNorth View Post
PingEye, I'm not questioning your reply, I just have a question. I thought the 2009 Precedent had those resistors already in the main wiring harness since it was the year that they first installed the TPS. When I converted mine (removed the TPS) I just used the kit David sent me and spliced the wires to the connector.
I know you have to use the resistors on a Excel cart, but are they always required on a 2009 IQ cart?
1laptech's cart and the cart I was working on, needing that modification, were both Excel carts with gray controller. I did not have a kit with the resistors built in.
Old 09-01-2021, 12:35 PM   #7
CCNorth
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by PingEye3 View Post
1laptech's cart and the cart I was working on, needing that modification, were both Excel carts with gray controller. I did not have a kit with the resistors built in.
Now I understand. Both were excel carts.

Great post that will be very helpful to others. Thank you, PingEye! I value your knowledge.
CCNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 01:40 PM   #8
movin-on
Gone Wild
Club Car

The 2009 IQ carts just needed an adapter without the resistors...
movin-on is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car