lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-04-2021, 03:10 PM   #1
Pupdaddy
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Just finished DS 36-48v conversion, issues with reverse

Thanks to everyone on here with fantastic posts on just about everything. I was able to figure out what I wanted when I made the switch. So, converted my tired 36v 99.5 Club Car DS to 48v with one of ScottyB's (Carts Unlimited) Alltrax SR600 amp controllers and all the goodies to match. Brand new Trojan 875's and 2 gauge wire set, got everything finished up last night and was able to make a short trip. Noticed immediately the cart jumps and stalls in Reverse. Got out this afternoon and everything works great in Forward. After a good 3-4 Mile neighborhood road trip everything is still great in FWD, however Reverse is near none existent. Cart still has the original 36v GE motor, and has the J1 port powered on the Alltrax for reduced Reverse power. So far wiring looks correct, looking for any input or advice. I'm completely confident the stock motor will die rather quickly if I don't ramp the power down on the controller. I'm currently looking for it's future replacement high torque/increased speed counterpart.
Pupdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-04-2021, 05:29 PM   #2
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Just finished DS 36-48v conversion, issues with reverse

Are you still using the original forward and reverse? Or did you upgrade to the reversing contactor? Whichever one is most likely the problem.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
mgray70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2021, 07:31 PM   #3
Pupdaddy
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Upgraded to the SW202 Reverse contactor and FR switch, Motor S1 and S2 leads are on opposite sides of the SW202. The FR switch controls the directions as indicated. When first noted, it made me think stalling condition. Also the fan on the Alltrax controller immediately turns on when pedal is depressed. Drove the cart over 10 miles today, zero issues minus the reverse issues. The motor does get very warm but not near 190 degrees Flux melting territory
Pupdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2021, 08:03 PM   #4
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Sounds like the reverse contactor may be mis-wired somehow causing a dead short in reverse.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
mgray70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 09:09 AM   #5
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Do you hear the main solenoid clunk to engage when you press the pedal? Usually on the series carts the solenoid is wired so it only engages when the pedal is pressed, and if the solenoid is not engaging in reverse you will only get a quick bump as the capacitors in the controller discharge, then there’s no more power, switch to forward and repeat.

If the solenoid is not engaging it would be a miswired microswitch or incorrect wiring from the reversing contactor to the main power solenoid.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car