lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-08-2021, 06:48 AM   #11
TrevorB
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Change Alltrax SR voltage from 48 to 36

That’s what I was thinking, too. I have good solenoid click in forward and reverse, just no movement. So I don’t think its the F&R switch. It also worked fine before the conversion.

I even connected the bottom right post to the battery is it was originally and nothing. The diagram says to leave it blank.
TrevorB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-08-2021, 08:14 AM   #12
Jake_Daddy
Gone Wild

Club Car

This is what I was told and it was correct for my FnR. This was doing a conversion from a coil cart, not sure if that’s what you were doing or not but this is what worked for me.

https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=160577
Jake_Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 08:15 AM   #13
Jake_Daddy
Gone Wild

Club Car

If you have the single micro switch FnR I think that will get you what you need.
Old 09-08-2021, 08:35 AM   #14
TrevorB
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Pretty sure we have the same setup and yes, mine was a coil resister cart. I think that makes sense. What are the top and bottom bars A2 and M- connect to. And these are the F&R A2 and M-, or the motor/controller A2 and M- that connect to the bars?

Ill get a picture of mine when I get home from work and draw out what I understand. Of course Sergio’s inbox is full so I can’t PM him, lol.

I think we’re getting somewhere!
Old 09-08-2021, 09:25 AM   #15
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Sergio hasn’t been on the forum since April, so you would likely not get a response even if you did PM him. Likely that many other people have tried since then and may be why his inbox is full.

Two things happen for reverse.
One is the polarity of the S1 and S2 cables is switched by the main contacts in the FnR switch. This is how the motor changes rotation direction. The controller doesn’t do any of this.
Two is the microswitches on the FnR switch allow throttle signal to get to the controller. This is so the controller can not receive A throttle signal until the FnR switch is in either F or R. This helps prevent run-away situations, and helps prevent the solenoid contacts from burning during direction changes. A mis-wired microswitch can cause there to be no throttle signal sent to the controller when the switch is in reverse.

ScottyB has some diagrams of correct wiring for some FnR switches on his site that may be helpful. Otherwise it would help if you can post pictures of which FnR switch you have and exactly where the cables are connected, and how the wiring is connected on the microswitches.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 09:29 AM   #16
TrevorB
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I will definitely get pictures on here as soon as I get home. I can say that in reverse, Alltrax Toolkit is showing throttle/amp increase as the gas pedal is pressed. It is identical to the forward direction. So it seems like the micro switch to throttle is correct. I’ll look on cartsunlimited in the mean-time.
Old 09-08-2021, 11:00 AM   #17
Jake_Daddy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Yea the picture in that link is labeled to where everything went. All I did was connect the two bottom bars together.
Old 09-08-2021, 11:09 AM   #18
Jake_Daddy
Gone Wild

Club Car

I will add the way I understand this too, I think you only have a single micro switch but it gets closed in either FWD or Rev. where you battery used to get connected to provide half power now isn’t used but you have to jumper those lower bars to get power in reverse.
Old 09-08-2021, 12:00 PM   #19
TrevorB
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Yes this makes total sense now. A new F&R switch from cartsunlimted has a copper bar bridging these two connections. I just realized after looking super close. I guess I’ll fabricate a bar to connect them, but ill use a short spare 6g or 4g wire for now.
Old 09-08-2021, 06:14 PM   #20
TrevorB
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

THANK YOU!! This headache and constant eye rolling from the wife are gone!!!

It’s not pretty, I’ll clean it all up later but the reverse worked when bridging the two bottom studs. I’ll be adding that to the wire diagram…

Awesome guys I really appreciate the help! 🤙🏼
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 939A594E-A8DE-495F-9167-ADDD09018C18.jpg (157.8 KB, 0 views)

Tags
alltrax, club car, no reverse, reverse, sr48400
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car