lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-07-2021, 04:33 PM   #1
Lstrike21
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Club Car DS 36v Not Moving

Hi Everyone,

Long time lurker, finally got a non gmail email to signup. Golf cart has me read to drink (more than usual). Been running beautifully for a while. Have the cart for 3 years now, not sure the year as it didn’t have a serial plate but it’s basically a resistor based single solenoid model that matches the 88 to 03 wiring diagram stickied here. Basically a few days ago it started not accelerating when letting off and not kicking back in unless I feathered the accelerator until yesterday when it basically died. Tested the blue ignition wire and have 38+ v, tested the yellow wire coming off the switch down to the low post on the solenoid also reading 38. When I touch both lower post with my meters fwd engage and throttle no voltage reading. The solenoid doesn’t click on. I bought a new one and swapped same symptom. Bridged the larger top posts and with key on, fwd engaged and pedal down she runs, switch to reverse also runs. I’ve got a couple micro switches coming in thinking maybe the vglide micro switch is dead (took it apart and it appeared to be dead, button just drops in).

Is there anything else I should be checking in the meantime?
Lstrike21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-07-2021, 05:18 PM   #2
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Default Re: Club Car DS 36v Not Moving

Sounds like you have it figured out.

Keep us updated.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2021, 05:30 PM   #3
Lstrike21
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Thanks a million for reading, I’ve seen your responses on the site and you always give great advice, glad to have you looking in on this. Hopefully this goes fairly easy! Crap just jinxed myself…

I hope so, I had extra micro switches laying around off the front of a fwd/rev switch that had the 3 switches on it (3 wires coming off). I looked at the NC / NO designation on the front thinking it was similar I popped it on an wired to match the previous switch but em it went up in smoke. Guess it’s not the same. Got a little too ambitious in my, meh this should work mode…

I’m hoping what I ordered off Amazon is the right micro switch. I called a local cart shop but the didn’t have them. Description seemed right:

Fit Club Car DS & Precedent & 2018-UP Tempo Golf Cart
Used on Forward & Reverse Switches and used on Accelerator & Speed Switches.
4 micro switch 3 prong .
4 Pack,3 Prong Design.
Replaces Part Numbers:1014807, 4240, 1014805

So the switch on acceleration seems to go to NC, so that grounds the solenoid from the looks of the wiring diagram. Looks like the vglide brush let’s up on the switch arm…I’m just hoping it’s not something else shorting this thing. Do the diodes on the solenoid need replacing often?
Old 09-08-2021, 07:08 PM   #4
Lstrike21
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Disregard, mine has a snubber also. Guess is newer than I thought. Wiring is matching 2k with snubber and solenoid diode.
Old 09-09-2021, 05:26 PM   #5
Lstrike21
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quick update into the void. I got the switches and installed on the vglide, viola she’s running. I don’t have the replacement diode (mine was fried). Is it safe to run like this? I noticed the 99 parts manual doesn’t show a diode on the solenoid but the 2000 does.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car