lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-08-2021, 01:34 PM   #1
mamasocks
Not Yet Wild

Default 06 club car ds

Hello everyone,
I grabbed a neglected club car for $50 and I'm starting to fixer up. Got 4 new Trojans installed and she runs about like I should expect after what I've read here. Only complaint is how it slows down up hill. I hope it doesn't stop when I put these 22s on it lol. Got a lift, leaf springs, brake pads, lights, village reducer, back seat. Just looking to see if anyone has suggestions for things I might be missing? And is plumb quick my best way to get this thing to roll up a hill with speed? Thanks!

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk
mamasocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-08-2021, 05:17 PM   #2
Reddawg454
Grumpy Old Guy

Club Car

Default Re: 06 club car ds

New Alltrax XCT48400 controller will get speeds of low-mid 20s and a ton more torque.
Reddawg454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 07:41 PM   #3
Lstrike21
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

$50 bucks! Man that’s awesome, I would pay that for a roller. I’m S. Fl I never get that lucky! Congrats, can’t wait to see how the project turns out. New windshield maybe? Not sure if that one will polish out! Lol…
Lstrike21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 10:18 PM   #4
mamasocks
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lstrike21 View Post
$50 bucks! Man that’s awesome, I would pay that for a roller. I’m S. Fl I never get that lucky! Congrats, can’t wait to see how the project turns out. New windshield maybe? Not sure if that one will polish out! Lol…
Yeah that windshield is a goner. Going to enjoy the fall breeze for a bit and invest in one when it gets cold. Just glad I've got the clips.

Old 09-08-2021, 10:25 PM   #5
mamasocks
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddawg454 View Post
New Alltrax XCT48400 controller will get speeds of low-mid 20s and a ton more torque.
Thanks, I suppose that is probably the best option. With a new controller I can potentially upgrade the motor later, right? Seems like I wouldn't have to with that controller from what I've read. Too many variables and I haven't caught up yet lol

Old 09-09-2021, 07:31 AM   #6
8-point
Gone Fishing

Club Car

That's a awesome find in a great looking DS you got there especially for 50 bucks. Much potential
8-point is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 11:56 AM   #7
crash12888
Gone Crazy

That's a good find right there!!
Lets start with the basics before you drop coin for the controller or motor....
Can you tell us what size cables you have on the cart?
Are they a miss match of automotive cables? are all of your connections clean, even on the controller?
Cable end crimpled tight on the lugs? no corrosion on the cable strands or in the lugs?
Let's make sure you are getting all of the amps from your new batteries to your controller....
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 12:40 PM   #8
StumpNocker
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash12888 View Post
That's a good find right there!!
Lets start with the basics before you drop coin for the controller or motor....
Can you tell us what size cables you have on the cart?
Are they a miss match of automotive cables? are all of your connections clean, even on the controller?
Cable end crimpled tight on the lugs? no corrosion on the cable strands or in the lugs?
Let's make sure you are getting all of the amps from your new batteries to your controller....

All of this^^^

#4 to #2, which ever size you go with, make ALL the motor/switch/battery wires that size. Good clean connections and fresh batteries... all of this will help tremendously... heartbreaker is, you'll still be seeing reduced speed going up inclines, even with an upgraded controller and motor there is still a reduction in incline speed to an extent. Still, you have a great deal there and a great base to build on! Congrats
StumpNocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 09:24 PM   #9
mamasocks
Not Yet Wild

I e got 6 ga on the batteries,and a1 a2 terminal. Crappy part is they just put in all new battery wires when I got the batteries. Should have upgraded those. Need to inspect the connections to the controller and clean the ones on the motor and see what happens.

Old 09-12-2021, 03:56 AM   #10
langstonjones
Gone Wild

Club Car

The sky (or should I say your pocket) is the limit when trying to get what you want out of it. Your initial investment was such a sweet deal, you'd be hard pressed to not get every nickel out of it and a healthy profit if you ever decided to sell it. Carts are hard to come by right now and they are bringing a premium. I wouldn't let $50 or $100 bucks get in the way of skimping on your controller, get the best and build off of that. Nice find for sure!
langstonjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car