lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-10-2021, 10:13 AM   #1
Coronadave
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 48v reducer question for deluxe Light kit

I have a 48v2010 President with regular light kit no reducer,front halogens and rear led. I wanna install the deluxe kit with horn and turn signal & all led kit they have on eBay. I know the best way to go is a 30A reducer but my question is can I use the same reducer for future Leds or radio and how do I wire the reducer to the light kit ? The smaller amp reducers have a plug and play but I haven’t seen a 30a plug and play. Or do you need 2 reducers one for the light kit and another for accessories? Thanks for your help.
Coronadave is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-11-2021, 08:43 PM   #2
Coronadave
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 48v reducer question for deluxe Light kit

So I took the front trim out and I discovered I have a relay behind the dash.
Old 09-12-2021, 08:01 AM   #3
rowlands57
Gone Wild
Club Car

Is your light kit a factory installed kit? The reason I ask is that it should have a built in reducer mounted up front if it does. If you read the amperage output of that unit and see if there's capacity left to run the sound bar you should be able to tap into it.

If you swap out the front halogens to LED's you'll be able to free up some amps to use for the sound bar. With all LED's the draw from the lights should be minimal.
rowlands57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2021, 08:35 AM   #4
Coronadave
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I’m not sure if it’s a “factory kit” I know for sure I have no reducer as the positive is hooked up to the positive in the battery pack plug with a fuse 15 I think then the neg is on the 2nd battery. And I’ve looked everywhere and no reducer.Also I don’t think the relay is hooked up correctly, even with the key on or off the light switch still works.
Old 09-13-2021, 06:27 AM   #5
rowlands57
Gone Wild
Club Car

Given the way you're set up with the lights run right off the batteries then a reducer does make sense. If you put in a '5 wire' reducer I believe you can eliminate that relay as the 5th wire is what fires the reducer and that can be hooked to the start/stop switch as I recall.

I would still consider using LED headlights to reduce the amperage draw that may allow you to go with a smaller reducer. Others, with lots of accessories, have installed a fuse bus that drives all the accessories.

Given you'll be starting from scratch you should search the forums and decide what's best for you. Parts can be obtained from the site sponsors who will hook you up with exactly what you need.
rowlands57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2021, 11:41 PM   #6
Coronadave
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

So I ended Buying the madjax ultimate deluxe kit with reducer included .Very nice kit just what I wanted ,The instructions aren’t really helpful (shocker)thanks god for a YouTube video on where the cables go for the hazards. The kit get connected to the + & - of the battery pack meaning USB port/turn signal & horn stays alive with the key in the off position. Should I remove the + from the battery pack and get the + from the ignition so everything works in the on position?
Old 10-30-2021, 07:16 PM   #7
Coronadave
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I also removed the old light kit thinking this thicker red gauge cable was part of the old light kit to the + any ideas what’s it for? It goes into a thick wire loom.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg C8F8F219-78D9-45F0-A9AD-0D9591C60B3A.jpg (187.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 10-31-2021, 07:17 AM   #8
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

That thick red wire may very well be your (+) from your charger port to the battery pack.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car