lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-13-2021, 11:25 AM   #1
repsolracer22
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Help with 6” lift

2017 Precedent. RHOX 6” lift

The front went smoothly and straight forward. The rear was interesting though.

So the instructions say to leave one side of the suspension connected so the entire axle doesn’t come down and become loose. But the RHOX YouTube install video shows them removing both sides of the stock rear suspension and balancing the loose axle with a jack.

For me, doing one side at a time didn’t work. Just couldn’t get the riser block installed with the leaf spring. So I removed both left & right side stock rear suspension components. I currently have the riser blocks in (slanted side facing forward) and the leaf springs back in (longer side of leaf spring towards front) and the shocks connected etc etc. I just doesn’t look correct. I don’t know. The left spring looks almost flat in its current position and when the wheels show up today, it appears that the axle needs to be lifted A LOT higher to be able to fit the new wheels. And that visually looks like the leaf spring is gonna end up bending the opposite direction that it’s suppose to. I don’t know. It just visually looks like that. Not sure. I took a video of what it looks like right now. Tires/wheels are coming today so wanted to get opinions first. Wheels are 12” modz vampire with 23” tires.

Let me know if you see anything that is incorrect. Since I had the entire axle loose, it just seems like it might not be straight. YouTube video below. Thanks

https://youtube.com/watch?v=lityYI946mA&feature=share

(not sure how to embed the youtube video into the post)
repsolracer22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-13-2021, 02:42 PM   #2
bbbdale
Gone Wild

Default Re: Help with 6” lift

Everything looks good to me, but I've only done about 5 of these lifts.

You dropped the rear axle 6" so yes, you will need to jack the rear end up a good bit to the the new tires on.
bbbdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 02:59 PM   #3
repsolracer22
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Help with 6” lift

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbdale View Post
Everything looks good to me, but I've only done about 5 of these lifts.

You dropped the rear axle 6" so yes, you will need to jack the rear end up a good bit to the the new tires on.

Ok but what do you think about the leaf springs looking basically flat right now? If I jack up the axle to put the wheels on, it appears that it will be bending the opposite direction.

And how do you know the axle is straight after you’ve taken it down? It really only connects to the chassis by the shocks and the leaf springs. I guess that net in the middle of leaf springs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
repsolracer22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car